New Victory Flag Objectives! new bigger Move & Fire indicators etc...

Started by gameleaper, August 17, 2013, 03:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

gameleaper

Hi

I thought I would give you all the link to the new version, A nice new feature Victory Flag objectives added, you need a majority of units in the Victory area to get the point.

Ive also added bigger idicators on the chits showing movement and fire etc...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2h5awrsc9lqkgah/WarTactical520BWindowsAndMac.zip

Hope you will give it ago?

gameleaper

woops should of said its the latest version of Wartacical.

its free!

Ive been working on it lately. it has the new Turn Results Explorer, and a few enhancements


gameleaper

I will give you some info here.

The game is an infantry squad based tactical game but you can use vehicle like tanks etc... it has a computer opponent and is turn based. you use chits for your units on a map, the map is aprox 1 mile square, but the entire map is visible on screen from an overhead view. you have commander HQ units that give bonuses to unit whithin range of your hqs. the units can become shaken and have penalties for being shaken by attackes, so attacking an already shaken unit is a good stategy. the dash at the bottom of the screen shows info on the selected unit such as TEM terrain effects modifier, when a unit has a TEM it gains advantages in defence. you can also see on the dash if it is an amored unit and if it has anti-armor abilities. the dash give real-time info like if your shot hit or missed. Line of sight is also included in the game, if a building is in your way and you have set -up lineOfSight when you or scenario designer created the scenario.

there is a editor to setup a scenario, its very very easy to create a scenario, you can place TEMs roads,rally flags,victory points,walls, lineof sight blockers and units.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

gameleaper


bayonetbrant

bummer - I'd give it a whirl, but I'm on a Mac at home and 'droid on my phone and not allowed to install random stuff on my work PC.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

gameleaper

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 20, 2013, 07:53:55 AM
bummer - I'd give it a whirl, but I'm on a Mac at home and 'droid on my phone and not allowed to install random stuff on my work PC.

Its great you think its worth trying, maybe sometime you may get use of a PC. there is a slim chance I may make a Mac version, Im looking into it.

gameleaper

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 20, 2013, 07:53:55 AM
bummer - I'd give it a whirl, but I'm on a Mac at home and 'droid on my phone and not allowed to install random stuff on my work PC.

Ok I've done a MacOSX(intel) version and a windows version , I did it on an old iMac, so please let me know what it runs on?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2h5awrsc9lqkgah/WarTactical520BWindowsAndMac.zip

gameleaper

On my iMac the mouse wasn't pin-point accurate, so I've used my own mouse pointer. you may not have this bug, anyway fixed and Ive included both Mac versions in the zip, Ive updated the links to the finished version 520B. the windows version is still 520, all Ive done is added mouse pointer in the Mac 520b

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2h5awrsc9lqkgah/WarTactical520BWindowsAndMac.zip