Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Started by Jarhead0331, August 21, 2013, 04:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Silent Disapproval Robot

You got it running then I take it.  I didn't buy it but two friends who have are cursing UBISoft saying that they can't start it via UPlay.  They just get a pop up message thanking them for playing and get kicked back to the lobby.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on August 21, 2013, 05:31:31 PM
You got it running then I take it.  I didn't buy it but two friends who have are cursing UBISoft saying that they can't start it via UPlay.  They just get a pop up message thanking them for playing and get kicked back to the lobby.

The only issues I have had is that every time I run it, it starts in windowed mode and I have to change it and I've had some trouble changing some of the key bindings.  Other than that, runs great. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Rizik6


Silent Disapproval Robot

It seems there is an issue that some users are having that causes the game launcher to fail if they have the game set to run in full screen.  You can edit the .ini file

QuoteEdit your VideoSettings.ini located in the following location:
C:\Users\<yournamehere>\Documents\Ubisoft\Blacklis t\videoSettings.ini

I just typed VideoSettings.ini into the start menu and it pulled it up that way too.

Change the "WindowStyleFinal=1" option to 0 or 2.

0 = Windowed
1 = Fullscreen (default)
2 = Windowed Fullscreen

0 and 2 both allow the game to start.

If you get a crash after the intro, delete your VideoSettings.ini, start blacklist again and let it crash out. Then edit the ini and set it to 0 or 2 again.

PanzersEast

So I assume this gets the JH stamp of approval?  I see it is $9.99 on the Humble Bundle Store..... I am a fan of the series, but have waited until it dropped and not sure if I will pick it up now, but I am tempted. 


PE