More DLC for Graviteam Tactics...

Started by Jarhead0331, April 25, 2013, 12:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Boggit

Quote from: Nefaro on August 17, 2013, 01:40:57 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 15, 2013, 03:53:51 PM
I can't agree that the game should not venture beyond WWII.  I found the Soviet/Iran DLC in Afghanistan to be outstanding.  The Angolan campaign was very interesting, as well.  Certainly, the post-WWII campaigns in SABOW are very impressive, as well.  There are a lot of Cold War era conflicts that could be modeled well with this engine.

Agreed.

There are buttloads of WW2 stuff out there, even for Graviteam.  I'd still like to see some of these smaller, more modern conflicts as DLC.  Sadly, I don't think that's gonna happen much since the two we have were only done because the assets had already been created.
There is Zhalanshol 69 (Have I spelt that right??), in addition to Operation Hooper, and Shield of the Prophet. However, it is a relatively small battlefield. It has lots of gullys, small ravines etc to hide in though. It's Chinese PLA vs Russians on the Siberian border.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Boggit on September 05, 2013, 06:52:58 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 05, 2013, 06:46:56 PM
What are your system specs?
4 core 3.2 Ghz CPU, 8mb RAM, Win7 Professional, Radeon 5450 Sapphire 1Gb graphics card, IIRC 12Gb HD allocated for for page files etc. Should be enough, don't you think?

Yeah, it should be but the game isn't all that well optimized.  Some users have reported that they have good results setting core affinity to 1.  I've not tried it myself as my game runs quite well for the most part and only really slows to a crawl if there are massive numbers of infantry around or if there's a lot of smoke.

I'd start with setting shadow quality to moderate or low.  Then try simple shaders if that doesn't work.


Have a look in this thread for some ideas.

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=11227.0

Boggit

@SDR :)
Thanks, I really appreciate that. 8)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Nefaro

#198
Quote from: Boggit on September 05, 2013, 06:52:58 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 05, 2013, 06:46:56 PM
What are your system specs?
4 core 3.2 Ghz CPU, 8mb RAM, Win7 Professional, Radeon 5450 Sapphire 1Gb graphics card, IIRC 12Gb HD allocated for for page files etc. Should be enough, don't you think?

I think the AMD Radeon 5450 is on the light side, as it goes for video cards.  VRAM is fine but the card itself isn't all that fast.  Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with the Graviteam graphics options enough to suggest some of the best options to turn off.   Reducing Shadows is always a good beta, along with reducing extra volumetric fog details, if it's there.  Hell.. some games the shadows look like shit on all settings, so I even occasionally just ditch them altogether if that's the case.  I've also had post-processing effects cause some unusually high heat on vid cards, in some titles, and don't always enjoy the hazy out-of-focus look either as it's often overdone.  So that could be an option, if it's there, although I don't recall it being all that bad in these games.

Dolan50

Large battles and Ultra High grass settings are the main culprits for slowing down my game.

A few things that work for me are 1)switching to 1 core affinity,2)turning off shading and enable simple shaders, 3)trim dust and smoke to strong-You still get plenty of dust and smoke even at this lowest setting.
4)Set grass settings to high or lower and 5) Shadows to moderate and 6) use limited battle radius for your campaigns-this helps  to limit the amount of units involved in a battle.

Andrey said a 64 bit OS is better to run the game with since you are able to utilize more memory(over 4 Gb) than the 32 bit OS(under 2 Gb).Unfortunately I have a 32 bit OS,I hope this isn't a future problem for me since the next line of DLCs are Summer based with a higher unit density for the campaigns.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

Like what Graviteam did with the new map update for Volokonovka.
New vegetation types(corn,fruit trees and few other things) and also added a new village and more buildings to the map.Looks good and a nice improvement.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Silent Disapproval Robot

I never had a chance to notice.  I set up a quick battle with me as the Germans.  I have myself a TD platoon, a med tank platoon, 2 platoons of infantry, and a command unit and gave the Soviets 5 platoons of armor with some infantry support.  An absolutely insane battle took place with the AI doing a great job of over-running my positions.  One unit of tanks hooked around my flanks while the main body rushed as one.  Even though I lost, I loved it.  Amazing spectacle.  One T-34 was obviously pissed at my 37mm AT gun as it blew it up with HE, then ran it over.  Then it reversed over the gun 3-4 more times before doing a doughnut on the corpses of the gun crew and then finally charging off towards its next target.

Boggit

Quote from: Dolan50 on September 06, 2013, 08:01:18 AM
A few things that work for me are 1)switching to 1 core affinity,2)
How did you do that? I tried setting affinity in the task manager on the "starter.exe" process but for some reason access is denied. I do have my system files partioned separately, and can't touch them unless I format the hard drive. I can't think that is it, but perhaps something to do with administrator permissions. If you've done it , I'm hoping you'll know... ::)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Dolan50

Make sure you turn off the cores outside the game and not in options!
To achieve this alt tab out of game(if you cannot just make sure you run a browser or something else before start the game to be able to switch to) and in task manager(ctrl shift esc) choose process and right click affinity. Im writing it from the back of my head but this should be the way.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Boggit

Quote from: Dolan50 on September 06, 2013, 06:41:04 PM
Make sure you turn off the cores outside the game and not in options!
To achieve this alt tab out of game(if you cannot just make sure you run a browser or something else before start the game to be able to switch to) and in task manager(ctrl shift esc) choose process and right click affinity. Im writing it from the back of my head but this should be the way.
Thanks for trying to help, but I was more or less doing that. I got the error message when I right clicked affinity. Could it be anything to do with permissions? I am running APOS with administrator privileges.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Dolan50


Preorder!

10$ vs 15$ after release,

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-APOSGTS1942/graviteam-tactics-shilovo-1942

Graviteam Tactics: Operation Star.
Addon Shilovo 1942


------------------------------------
1. INSTALL
------------------------------------

1) Run update utility (click to game version in main menu or update.cmd).
2) In the window that appears, click "Install" button and select update file.
3) Wait for the installation.
4) Click "Save and Play" button.

------------------------------------
2. DEPENDENCES
------------------------------------

1) Game core update v5.81 c1.
2) Game update August 2013.

------------------------------------
3. CHANGE LOG
------------------------------------
1) New Area near Voronezh, village Shilovo, 80 sq.km wide.
2) Two new operations at the beginning of July 1942, one for Red Army, one for the Wehrmacht (13 turns).
3) Troops:
- Wehrmacht - 24 Pz (one batallions from 21, 26 Inf Reg and 24 Pz Reg);
- Red Army - 2,3/498 Rifle Reg, 2 coys from practice battalion of 232 Rifle Div,
  441 Tank Bn from 110 Tank Bde, 1/425 Arty Reg, parts of 16 Destr Bde and platoon from 180 Tank Bde,
  1/687 Rifle Reg from 141 Rifle Div.


------------------------------------
4. FEATURES AND INACCURACIES
------------------------------------

1) German HMGs in Inf Regs from 24 Pz still MG-42 instead of MG-34
2) The number of PPsh SMGs in 498 Rifle Reg should be more about 7-10%
3) The name of the commander of a tank platoon of small tanks, which was part of a Destr unit, Jun. Lieutenant Lokomov is not found.
4) One platoon from 2/498 Rifle Reg is absent because it was on the other side of the Don river and almost at full was captured by Germans.


P.S. At this area a lot of forests and vegetation in general, as well as a relatively large forces in operations. Computer requirements slightly higher than in Zhalanashkol.

P.P.S. The estimated release date is September 19, 2013.







A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Silent Disapproval Robot

Sweet.  Pre-ordered. 

I'm not buying any more early to mid war Eastern Front stuff though.  How many PzKw IIIs can one man stand?

Dolan50

#207
I'm more of a map guy.
It wouldn't bother me if any more vehicles or tanks were never added to the game as long as they keep doing different areas of Russia.There's plenty of toys for me to play with in this game,now I want to use them on different maps.I can think of a hundred different battles to use all the men and tanks  already in my game if I had some more map options.

What I would really like are some Winter Maps of north central Russia around the Rzhev area.

Though I would like to see a Panther tank some FLAK wagons,Russian armoured cars and a T-34/85.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

"Thanks for trying to help, but I was more or less doing that. I got the error message when I right clicked affinity. Could it be anything to do with permissions? I am running APOS with administrator privileges."

I don't know.
Andrey said that shouldn't even be an issue anymore with the new Aug.13 patch.
Try asking someone on the Graviteam forums for help with this.
There are a few guys there much more knowledgeable about this issue than I am.
I tried the affinity route but  I'm not even certain if it even worked for me.
I think lowering some of my graphic options is what made the most difference.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

The updated version of Volokanovka also had the campaigns revamped.I just played 2 turns as the Germans and it seems even harder than before to route the Russians toward the Oskol river!

My southern approach is going OK but my northern forces just got hit with a counter attack that wiped out 1 of the 2 Marder platoons I have,and it took all my fire missions from 1 of my off map arty batteries just to knock the treads off of 1 of the KVs and kill 2 of the crew.

I was still able to destroy a platoon of infantry,1 KV and a T-34 before My last Marder went up in flames,but my northern force is practically wiped out.

Not sure what the Russians have in reserve,but that counter attack took all the momentum out of my attack.I think I may lose this campaign as the Germans if I get hit with another attack like that one.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".