More DLC for Graviteam Tactics...

Started by Jarhead0331, April 25, 2013, 12:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Dolan50

#210
A few screen shots from the Shilovo 42 DLC.




A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

#211
Played the 1st battle of the 3rd turn in the Volokanovka campaign today.
After this battle the situation is even more bleak for the Germans.
Got hit with another counter attack in the south by 3 t-34s and 2 platoons of Russian infantry during a rainstorm.

I was able to repel the attack and destroy 2 T-34s and knock the track off of the other,but lost 3 more Marders and have 1 Marder immobilized with a round in its engine(21 hrs to fix)I also lost an ATR squad.

These Marders suck!!
I have 2 more Marders in reserve,a 50mm ATG and 3 37mm ATGs,but I doubt they'll do much good against Kvs and T-34s.This is getting very frustrating,especially since I should be doing the attacking!

I'm screwed!Not sure if I want to continue the battle.My infantry are going to be defenseless soon and I can't say I want to watch the Russian tanks start mowing them down with impunity in the next couple battles.

Maybe I'll try playing the Russian side and see how the Germans fare,because I bothched my attack as the Germans!
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Silent Disapproval Robot

That sounds  pretty much how my campaign went.  I grabbed a lot of territory on turns 1&2 and then spent turns 3 through 8 getting pummelled by Soviet counter-attacks.  Ended in a draw.

Dolan50

I'd settle for a draw about now.
I think I'm staring utter defeat in the face and my troops are about to be routed from the battlefield in chaotic panic.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

Played the Volokonovka campaign up till turn 5 today and threw in the towel.

Just as I suspected,the Soviets attacked my line again and had their way with my forces.
My puny little(door knocker)37mm ATGs and ineffective Marders were all destroyed in the last attack and I sat back dumbfounded as a KV and 2 T-34s followed up by some Stuarts crushed some of my ATGs under their treads and ran down my helpless infantry and butchered them with MG fire.
I think I'm still suffering from PTSD after that battle!

I can never get my German tanks to do doughnuts on the enemy ATGs like the way Russian tanks do effortlessly all the time unless I micro manage the hell out of the  Nazi tanks!

Regardless,my little storm troopers are now beating feet back to Germany and cursing the Fuhrer and me the whole  inglorious way.

I'll try the Russians next and see how the AI Germans approach this attack.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Nefaro

Am I the only one who plays the Soviet side in east front WW2 games?  ???

Dolan50

I play both.
I prefer the Germans because their stuff looks cooler,plus I'm more familiar with their tactics and I'm 1/2 German.
What mostly influences the side I play in a campaign is who is attacking.

Generally the AI doesn't do a very good job of attacking but it does fairly well on the defense,yet judging from my last battle I seem to be the one that sucks at attacking.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Silent Disapproval Robot

I almost always play as the Soviets.  I thought I'd give the sausage eaters a whirl just to get a different perspective.

Dolan50

I still think there is a Russian bias to this game.
I'm lucky to trade casualties on a 1:1 basis with Germans against the Russians during the campaigns and usually win on overwhelming force alone.

I could understand after Kursk in July of 43 that the Russians were finally able to go 1 on 1 with the Germans,but all of these campaigns until Mius is released are pre Kursk.

The devs say I've been reading too much western influenced propaganda and the Germans weren't all that great.
I think they have been influenced by too much Soviet propaganda and the Russians were only on par with the German army after Kursk.

Of course there exceptions to that blanket statement,but on average I would expect the Germans to be more proficient than the Russians before 1944.

If you ever watch Russian movies about WW2 it always shows the Germans winning if they have like a 5:1 advantage and the Russians in these movies are always outnumbered before they capitulate and inflict major losses on the Germans.You get the impression the German Army was much larger than the Soviet Army.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Silent Disapproval Robot

I just noticed that they screwed up the "box" art for the DLC at GG.  The title reads Shilovo 1969.