Classic Naval Combat Pack 75% off on steam

Started by gameleaper, September 09, 2013, 07:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

gameleaper

Classic Naval Combat Pack, 688(I) Hunter-Killer, Fleet Command, Sub Command 75% off on steam £3.49

Nefaro

Steam regularly has a sale for Dangerous Waters at about the same price.  That's the epitome of the series, and the one I'd recommend getting. 

I don't wanna steal your thunder here, but just point out that these are older versions with less features than DW, minus Fleet Command which is it's own thing.

SgtRock

Quote from: gameleaper on September 09, 2013, 07:12:47 PM
Classic Naval Combat Pack, 688(I) Hunter-Killer, Fleet Command, Sub Command 75% off on steam £3.49

Nothing there that's not 10 years or more old!

mikeck

If you can afford it, and fleet command is your thing, why not wait for "Command" which comes out in 2 weeks? I tried DW and its a great game, but I will be damned if I could figure out how to tell why I was looking at with the sonar. I enjoyed surfacing under an enemy helo dropping buoys and plugging it with an SA-7 from the bridge!
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Staggerwing

Fleet Command was an interesting game, with the Harpoon style top down perspective and windowed 3d view of your selected unit. I recall parking my unit view on an enemy ship and waiting for a Harpoon to take it out, all the while watching the missile icon's track in the zoomed in overhead view.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

gameleaper

Dangerous Waters is also 75% off but as an individual purchase not as part of the bundle

Toonces

I might just pick up Fleet Command to mod it.  Let me go look at this...
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Nefaro

#8
Quote from: gameleaper on September 09, 2013, 07:32:04 PM
Dangerous Waters is also 75% off but as an individual purchase not as part of the bundle

That's all you need, really, for a sim.  It has ASW helo & P-3, a Perry-class Frigate with ye olde one-armed bandit, and Russian & American subs. 

Fleet Command was a fun strategy game, long ago, but it's been long in the tooth for awhile now.  It also had some flaws and wasn't quite as detailed as the Harpoon series.  Certainly looked prettier.  The old mod for Fleet Command, at NWS, added some life and made some good improvements but the base game is pretty damn old these days, and 3D graphics rarely age well.  The 3D gfx and some UI facets being the only advantages FC had over Harpoon IMO.

I recommend just splurging for Command at the end of the month.  It should be the Omega.  Otherwise, get Dangerous Waters if you want a hardcore modern Submarine/ASW warfare sim.  It's been awhile since I fired it up, but I can give you guys some tips if the massively unabridged 900-page manual is too much for you to absorb at once.  :P  I'm a bit of an 'old hand' at the series.  ;D

Toonces

Screw it, I picked up the classic pack for Fleet Command, and a Steam copy of DW.

For less than the price of a happy meal I figure why not.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Staggerwing

For the Complete Naval Pack the price is better for each game seperatly thanfor the bundle. WTH?

QuotePrice of individual games: $18.71
Bundle cost: $29.99
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Toonces

I've noticed that before, you gotta be careful with those bundles sometimes.  I usually pull up the package details and check it out before I purchase.

You can get the classic naval pack with 3 games for $5.  Then you pick up DW individually for $3.75.  Total price $8.75 instead of the $30 package price...  :o
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs