Main Menu

Thief

Started by Gusington, August 06, 2013, 08:32:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

The fourth game in the series looks to be coming together:

http://www.thiefgame.com/

New updated more modern steampunk universe...looks like they took some visual and art cues from Dishonored. It's been a long, long time but I like a lot of what I see and hear at the site.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Hmmm.

That game created stereoscopic sound environments for FPS games. A worthy franchise. I'd love to see this succeed.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

One negative: it's not the original actor for Garett's voice acting.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

ComradeP

I hope it won't be dumbed down or too fast-paced. I also hope it won't have too many of those quick time events, and that we'll still be able to use stealth.

The missions in the first two Thief games, were often of the "slow and steady" type, the third game was a bit more fast-paced, but the times have changed and if it's going to be released on consoles, I am very afraid it will be simplistic compared to the original trilogy.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

Gusington

I also hope it's not dumbed down...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

ComradeP

The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

Gusington

Yeah I've read about the office drama. Crossing my fingers it doesn't muck things up.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on September 20, 2013, 09:26:22 AM
Yeah I've read about the office drama. Crossing my fingers it doesn't muck things up.

It'll muck things up. The question is whether they have the time and money to unmuck them.

Any time you change coders you have to allow for the next coder to get inside the head of the last coder. It's not like switching mechanics on a car and the next guy turns the same nut or screw. You're inventing each nut and screw as you go and coders approach the creation of them differently.

This is not good. Doesn't spell doom, but it's not good.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

Way to bring the room down :(
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro


LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on September 20, 2013, 07:57:59 PM
Way to bring the room down :(

My apology. I am cursed with speaking the truth as I see it as often as humanly possible.

It is a double-edged sword.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Martok

Quote from: Gusington on September 20, 2013, 07:57:59 PM
Way to bring the room down :(
It's a kindness he done.  Better to dash your hopes now than later... 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

LongBlade

A trailer has just been released. Looks OK.

There is also a pre-order bonus mission.

Is it just me or does anyone else find it odd that a pre-order bonus is being offered six months before the game is released?

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Staggerwing

Only if desperately trying to raise cash to stay afloat is odd.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

Quote from: Staggerwing on September 25, 2013, 09:09:37 PM
Only if desperately trying to raise cash to stay afloat is odd.

Yeah.

I'm afraid we may have our answer. :(
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.