More DLC for Graviteam Tactics...

Started by Jarhead0331, April 25, 2013, 12:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Dolan50

Yes Dolan50 and Dane49 the same person.
I usually change my ID once a year,so next year if I enter some new forum it will probably be Someone else51.

A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

sandman2575

Argh !!  I was just reminded of why I have a love-hate relationship with APOS...  20 minutes into an intense first battle on the Shilovo campaign, and then the dreaded "Critical Error 101" CTD ruined my afternoon....

Dolan, are there known settings -- graphics, sound or otherwise -- that are known to cause instability?  I have the gfx settings cranked fairly high -- they default as high because I have a pretty decent gpu in a gtx 680.  Game runs great, but the possibility of "Critical Error 101" rearing its ugly head as I play is always in the back of my mind.  Never sure what causes it.

Dolan50

Do you have any mods enabled?
If so disable them.
Also if you can post a picture of your updater and tell me what your build number is in the upper right hand corner of your start menu I may be able to narrow down the problem.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

sandman2575

Nope, no mods.

I'm running:

"Version 5.81 (2170) Update: aug.13"



Dolan50

Try moving Shilovo above the game update.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

sandman2575

Will give that a try.  ... a lot of this seems like programmer voodoo to me, to be honest.

I'm also going to disable some gfx settings, namely:  "sharpen," "smoothing (aka anti-aliasing)", and set shadows to low.

Will also try setting "Use maximum cores" to "4" rather than "Maximum" for my quad-core i7.  I feel like I've seen these things mentioned on the internets.  Anything to make the game stable.


Dolan50

For the summer maps I usually enable simple shaders and disable shading I also set the grass to high.Ultra high is a major FPS killer on Summer maps for me.

I don't fool around with any of my PC graphics settings just the game graphic settings.
I haven't had any problems but I haven't tried the campaign yet just a few QBs.
Probably give the campaign a go sometime tomorrow night when I have some extra spare time.
I never much liked the way the campaigns play out in these games,but I do like QBs and I love the new map.

If you still have problems,try the Graviteam forums and Attn:Krabb.
He's pretty good at tracking down most problems with the game and is the one who does most of the technical testing.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".