Main Menu

Kinetic Void

Started by Rayfer, October 01, 2013, 12:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Rayfer

Anybody know anything about this one, it's on sale on Steam for $6.80, an early access game. The trailer and description look enticing....an open ended sandbox space simulator with ship building, factions, economy, combat....Sounds good but is it?

Nefaro

Pretty sure the general consensus was that it's quite bare-boned and doesn't have a lot of features.  At least right now.

I don't have it, however.

Jarhead0331

I have it. Really just tinkered a bit with the ship building aspect. It has potential but is still very alpha. I put it down until there is further development.  There was a recent patch, but progress seems otherwise pretty slow.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Rayfer

Thanks guys....one to put on the watch list for later consideration.

Huw the Poo

I see some of you have this game.  Have any of you tried it recently?  It's currently on offer for silly money on Groupees but I broke a lifetime tradition and actually read some reviews first, which has given me pause.  However the devs do seem to be pretty active and aren't afraid to engage with the community on both positive and negative points so it hardly looks like a cash grab.  I'm very tempted because it looks really good.