Main Menu

AGEOD's Espana 1936

Started by Martok, September 05, 2013, 11:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jomni

Looks good. Like a RUS variant.  Might as well get it but I just bought a lot of games recently. :/

Boggit

So many games, so little time.... But it's AGEOD, so will be a good 'un. 8)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Jarhead0331

Are there Germans in the OOB?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Boggit

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 02, 2013, 06:54:24 PM
Are there Germans in the OOB?
AGEOD are usually pretty good at their historical TOE's. I shouldn't be surprised if you see the German, Italian, Russian, and International volunteers represented. I wonder if there is a political option for Guernica, which was a double edged event in many ways.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Bismarck

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 02, 2013, 06:54:24 PM
Are there Germans in the OOB?

German equipment appears but evidently under the Nationalist icon.  Germans would be using them.
Jim Cobb

Martok

Quote from: jomni on October 02, 2013, 12:11:15 AM
Quote from: Martok on September 05, 2013, 11:19:25 AM
I've not seen the Spanish Civil War featured in its own game til now.

You weren't looking hard enough.

http://www.hpssims.com/Pages/Products/SB/SCW/SCW.html
Let me rephrase:  I'd not seen a strategic/operational game featuring the SCW til now. 




Quote from: steve58 on October 02, 2013, 06:04:05 PM
..its out.  $30 digital/$40 box+digital.  Maybe I'll git it for the weekend...

Eek!  Too soon for me -- not enough time! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Bismarck

[Let me rephrase:  I'd not seen a strategic/operational game featuring the SCW til now.]

True. I'm preparing for my review by reading Beevor's The Battle for Spain.
Jim Cobb

Nefaro

What...?

No, "someone should make this World War 2!" posts??!?

:P

jomni

Quote from: Nefaro on October 03, 2013, 05:06:30 PM
What...?

No, "someone should make this World War 2!" posts??!?

:P

This is already World War 2 (only a few years early).

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on October 03, 2013, 06:33:08 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on October 03, 2013, 05:06:30 PM
What...?

No, "someone should make this World War 2!" posts??!?

:P

This is already World War 2 (only a few years early).

You missed the point of my post.  :-\

No worries someone usually picks up on it, eventually.  Someone similarly sick of WW2 overload.  ;)

JasonPratt

Quote from: Nefaro on October 03, 2013, 05:06:30 PM
What...?

No, "someone should make this World War 2!" posts??!?

:P

This is a test.  ;D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

W8taminute

Can someone recommend a good World War 2 game to me?  You don't really see too many of those types of games out there.



Ok I couldn't resist a good gag.  Anyway did anyone pick up this game and give it a try?  I'm hungry for first impressions by people I can trust.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

SgtRock

AGEOD's Espana 1936 - I'm not a big fan of AGEOD but, this one looks interesting.

Questions:
1. Is there any type of editor editor for what if's?
2. Can you mod this game?

Bismarck

No eitor; can't say about modding.
Jim Cobb

Slick Wilhelm

This release caught me totally off guard, in a good way!

If this is made by the same development team that made RUS, it's going to be great. What day is it today? It's "Buy another AGEOD game" day.