Main Menu

CMBN Market-Garden

Started by Bismarck, October 11, 2013, 06:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bismarck

Jim Cobb

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Bismarck

Jim Cobb

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Bismarck

Sure. The pre-orders were announced in August.  The game is ready now, so why keep the offer?  You snooze, you lose.
Jim Cobb

Grim.Reaper

I believe the $10 off was if you were getting the phyiscal copy.  If only getting download version, really no difference in pre ordering.

Bismarck

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 11, 2013, 07:08:12 PM
I believe the $10 off was if you were getting the phyiscal copy.  If only getting download version, really no difference in pre ordering.

I got both for $35. I got the D/L today.

Fine print: If you would like to order just the download, please wait until the game is released (in approx. 4-6 weeks). All games ship from our main location in the US, import VAT and other import fees may apply for international customers in addition to the Shipping & Handling charge. When you preorder, your credit card or Paypal account is charged immediately, and not when the item ships. The special $10 discount for preorders means that instead of paying $45/$50 plus S&H for the download & mail delivery after release, you only pay $35/$40 plus S&H. The discount expires after the game is released.
Image
Jim Cobb

Tuna

They just made this release so that you Grogheads could make fun of us Boston boys when we say Maaket Gaaden!

Good thing I play Con..

Bison

Well battlefront lost out this month to flashpoint in my current war game purchase, but I'm sure I'll pick it up in a fee months.

Con

Quote from: Tuna on October 11, 2013, 08:42:59 PM
They just made this release so that you Grogheads could make fun of us Boston boys when we say Maaket Gaaden!

Good thing I play Con..

I waiting to get a PBEM game from Tuna titled Wicked Pissah.001

Con


Tuna

Quote from: Bison on October 11, 2013, 08:57:36 PM
Well battlefront lost out this month to flashpoint in my current war game purchase, but I'm sure I'll pick it up in a fee months.

Yeah, I've been bad this month with FSX purchases.. so will be a bit for me as well...

Grim.Reaper

I am still deciding myself, especially with recent purchases of Command and ACW2...might have to way a bit if I decide to take the plunge.  Will read all the impressions first to see what folks think.  Not many so far at the official forums, but just came out so hopefully over the next couple of days it will start to flow.  If anybody over here goes for it, would love to hear what you think.  I am going to guess it is more the same as the previous modules (except for bridges).  First module I have not pre-ordered so kind of weird that I am not playing already:)

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 12, 2013, 06:37:22 AM
I am still deciding myself, especially with recent purchases of Command and ACW2...might have to way a bit if I decide to take the plunge.  Will read all the impressions first to see what folks think.  Not many so far at the official forums, but just came out so hopefully over the next couple of days it will start to flow.  If anybody over here goes for it, would love to hear what you think.  I am going to guess it is more the same as the previous modules (except for bridges).  First module I have not pre-ordered so kind of weird that I am not playing already:)

What do you want to know?

There don't seem to be a lot of scenarios in the new game, and only one campaign from what I can tell. There do seem to be a decent selection of QB maps. There are a few new vehicle types (M18 tank destroyer, M16 AA ht, Crusader tank), gun types (most importantly AA guns, but they can't move once set up from what I can tell), and infantry types, especially for the Germans, but they all seem organized mostly like Army troops, just in different shades of blue (there are Navy and Air Force now). A couple of new terrain types also - foot paths an some really tall trees, Dutch buildings, and apparently a windmill which I haven't found in the editor yet. Also a "ditch lock" command.

Too soon to comment on the quality of the scenarios.

The maps seem well-researched. I did my own map of Nijmegen before the release of M-G and BFC's seems very accurate, incorporating aerial bomb damage from the 1944 period.

If it would be of value, could probably post a list of all the scenarios, maps etc. that are included.

Grim.Reaper

Somehow missed the responses here.....

At this point for some reason I have the itch to buy mg this weekend, likely because of the new red thunder game on the horizon.  I own all the games in the series, but this one and Afghanistan.

In the past, I actually pre ordered all of them, but held off on this one.   Any more recommendations or feedback to help me decide?  Can so done confirm the number of scenarios and campaigns that made it into the release?

Jarhead0331

I bought beyond Normandy and common wealth forces on release, but never really played much. I skipped fortress Italy altogether. I got market garden and these battles really brought me back to the game. Been playing regularly ever since.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18