The new Friday is here! The new Friday is here!

Started by MetalDog, October 11, 2013, 06:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Rizik6

Flashpoint. I'm very happy with it so far. Also I'm going to play the Civ 5 GotM. Unfortunately, it's on Deity - a few levels beyond me. So it should be a short game.

Wolfe1759

I've been playing some more Smugglers V which seems to have sucked me in even though it is a bit repetitive, still fun progressing through the ranks (currently Lt. Commander in the Federation) and earning some ribbons and medals.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

undercovergeek

HOI III Italy and AAR

Stuck between Command and Rome II - im only 2 hours into the Carthage campaign but patches are coming in faster than i can play so i may hold out til it calms down

But then starting Command scares the hell out of me - need to watch Spelks vids

Nefaro

Quote from: Wolfe1759 on October 11, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
I've been playing some more Smugglers V which seems to have sucked me in even though it is a bit repetitive, still fun progressing through the ranks (currently Lt. Commander in the Federation) and earning some ribbons and medals.

Have you made it far enough to buy into a higher class of ships? 

I'm gonna pick up Smugglers V sometime, but it really just looks like Smugglers IV.  Perhaps they expanded the 'unique' missions or something.  Then again, I still think the best of this specific turn-based space 'pirate' type of game is still Space Rangers 2 Reboot so I just fire that up instead since it seems to have more variety in most every category.

Gusington

Huw I played Amnesia when it came out :/

Haven't played the sequel yet.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

No ganes here.  I think my pc just died.  >:(  trying to figure which part went tits up.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Staggerwing

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 11, 2013, 10:03:43 PM
No ganes here.  I think my pc just died.  >:(  trying to figure which part went tits up.

Does it POST? Any signs of life at all? Did you try a different monitor just in case your Cold Cathode light source crapped out?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

It started with the sound csrd and then the video card.  I'm thinking the mb is shot.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Staggerwing

Try to remove everything besides the basics- a stick of ram, onboard video, the HDD, and see if it will boot. Try to rule out a bad Power supply by making the load as light as possible. If it shows life under min load then try a PS swap.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

ya I did all that and it seems it was a corrupted bios.  I pulled the battery and cleared the cmos.  it seems fine at the moment.
I'm going to back everything up that I need to anyway.  so at the moment I dodged a bullet.
raise your hand if you overthink your pc's problems.  lol
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Staggerwing

Don't sweat it. Computers suck. Computers run the world. Watch this instead- it's among the few perfect *eff* the World songs:

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

Ive been looking into building a new pc but I really didnt want to shell out a $1000 this weekend.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Wolfe1759

Quote from: Nefaro on October 11, 2013, 07:39:26 PM
Quote from: Wolfe1759 on October 11, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
I've been playing some more Smugglers V which seems to have sucked me in even though it is a bit repetitive, still fun progressing through the ranks (currently Lt. Commander in the Federation) and earning some ribbons and medals.

Have you made it far enough to buy into a higher class of ships? 

I'm gonna pick up Smugglers V sometime, but it really just looks like Smugglers IV.  Perhaps they expanded the 'unique' missions or something.  Then again, I still think the best of this specific turn-based space 'pirate' type of game is still Space Rangers 2 Reboot so I just fire that up instead since it seems to have more variety in most every category.

Just purchased my second Corvette class (one up from fighter) ship, I was able to purchase my first Corvette and thus move beyond the home system pretty quickly, I believe that the speed by which you are able to upgrade from fighters was increased significantly from IV to V.

SR2 is definitely a deeper and probably a better game but I just find myself having a lot of fun at the moment with Smugglers.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Kushan

Unless I can find something to play on my iPad, I won't be doing any gaming until I get back to the states Wednesday. Since I seemed to have good timing with my vacation, I will be playing thanksgiving round 1 with my Canadian cousins tomorrow.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Rayfer

Quote from: Wolfe1759 on October 12, 2013, 07:16:00 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on October 11, 2013, 07:39:26 PM
Quote from: Wolfe1759 on October 11, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
I've been playing some more Smugglers V which seems to have sucked me in even though it is a bit repetitive, still fun progressing through the ranks (currently Lt. Commander in the Federation) and earning some ribbons and medals.

Have you made it far enough to buy into a higher class of ships? 

I'm gonna pick up Smugglers V sometime, but it really just looks like Smugglers IV.  Perhaps they expanded the 'unique' missions or something.  Then again, I still think the best of this specific turn-based space 'pirate' type of game is still Space Rangers 2 Reboot so I just fire that up instead since it seems to have more variety in most every category.

Just purchased my second Corvette class (one up from fighter) ship, I was able to purchase my first Corvette and thus move beyond the home system pretty quickly, I believe that the speed by which you are able to upgrade from fighters was increased significantly from IV to V.

SR2 is definitely a deeper and probably a better game but I just find myself having a lot of fun at the moment with Smugglers.

Never played the earlier versions, but am having a lot of fun dabbling in V...I use the 'explore' button after landing on a planet and have gotten some interesting missions beyond those I get from the $$$ sign button. It's the perfect casual game, not complicated at all, moves along quickly.  I'm playing as a bounty hunter, need a little more cash to get my first corvette and ability to move outside of the sol system.  It's worth the $9.99 on GOG.