The new Friday is here! The new Friday is here!

Started by MetalDog, October 11, 2013, 06:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Just returned from my soggy 3 week holiday. (Who'd have thought I'd ever have looked forward to returning to Vancouver to escape the rain?)

Anyway, I bought CMANO and installed it last night.  Man, that install took forever.  I barely did anything other than boot it up before falling asleep at the keyboard last night.

I want to try out the new patch for Achtung Panzer: Operation Star.  I want to play some more Outlast now that I've finally managed to get past the evil vivisectionist.

I bought the Brave New World DLC for Civ V just before I left and haven't had a chance to try it out yet, so I may fire up a new marathon game of Civ as well.

Bismarck

Jim Cobb

Barthheart

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on October 12, 2013, 09:09:14 AM
Just returned from my soggy 3 week holiday. (Who'd have thought I'd ever have looked forward to returning to Vancouver to escape the rain?)

Anyway, I bought CMANO and installed it last night.  Man, that install took forever.  I barely did anything other than boot it up before falling asleep at the keyboard last night.

I want to try out the new patch for Achtung Panzer: Operation Star.  I want to play some more Outlast now that I've finally managed to get past the evil vivisectionist.

I bought the Brave New World DLC for Civ V just before I left and haven't had a chance to try it out yet, so I may fire up a new marathon game of Civ as well.

SDR.. Ever think that maybe your are the Rain God? How many different types of rain do you have in your vocabulary?

Silent Disapproval Robot

#48
Well this was a new experience.  The rains caused enough flooding to allow all the crocs to escape from the crocodile show/zoo thingie.  Crocodile rain!






Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

bayonetbrant

I've got a Giv V G+K game of Indonesia going...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers


Staggerwing

There were massive crocodile escapes due to rain in both South Africa and China recently as well. The one in SA resulted in over 15,000 of them getting loose into the populated countryside.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Silent Disapproval Robot

I just wish I had known that they were paying ~$100 per live croc captured in Thailand.  I would definitely have gone in for some drunken croc wrangling action.  As it was, the rains totally ruined my planned scuba trips so I was actually fairly bored.  hanging around in bars pretending to be interested in some bar girl's pitch isn't really my thing.

Nefaro

#54
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 11, 2013, 11:34:30 PM
Ive been looking into building a new pc but I really didnt want to shell out a $1000 this weekend.

Newegg has some Desktop "Supercombo" deals.  I just ordered this i7/GTX760 full combo:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1413457

I could afford to splurge a bit this time around , for once, as I usually build a budget gaming rig in the $700 to $850 range.  Didn't really feel like digging through all the parts and everything looked good to me (other than I don't like Seagate hard disks very much, and it comes with one). 

There are some other quite nice ones under $1k.  Was very close to going with an i5/GTX660 setup for around $850.  There was also a 250GB Toshiba SSD going for $149.. don't recall if it was just a daily deal or another weekend one but I had to add it. 

My point is.. if you're thinking of building right now, there is stuff on sale this weekend at Newegg.

Ubercat

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on October 13, 2013, 01:22:22 AM
I just wish I had known that they were paying ~$100 per live croc captured in Thailand.  I would definitely have gone in for some drunken croc wrangling action.  As it was, the rains totally ruined my planned scuba trips so I was actually fairly bored.  hanging around in bars pretending to be interested in some bar girl's pitch isn't really my thing.

Do you ever get over to Sihanoukville, Cambodia? My best friend is a partner in a bar there.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

GDS_Starfury

thats not to shabby Nefaro.
when I get down to it though I only need to replace the MB, CPU and memory.  everything else is pretty solid and up to date.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Ubercat on October 13, 2013, 09:03:09 AM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on October 13, 2013, 01:22:22 AM
I just wish I had known that they were paying ~$100 per live croc captured in Thailand.  I would definitely have gone in for some drunken croc wrangling action.  As it was, the rains totally ruined my planned scuba trips so I was actually fairly bored.  hanging around in bars pretending to be interested in some bar girl's pitch isn't really my thing.

Do you ever get over to Sihanoukville, Cambodia? My best friend is a partner in a bar there.

I've been twice.  I think the last time was 2003 or so.  I have a couple of friends in Phnom Penh, one of whom owns a bar and the other a hotel so I usually just stay in the capital when I visit.  Haven't been there since 2008 though.

Nefaro

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 13, 2013, 10:01:08 AM
thats not to shabby Nefaro.
when I get down to it though I only need to replace the MB, CPU and memory.  everything else is pretty solid and up to date.

I probably should've gone that route, but I can still get some extra use out of the old tower.   Besides, I also prefer putting in a new hard drive and power supply while building or doing a big upgrade since those always have limited lifespans.  Mainly so that I don't have to reinstall the OS and software again anytime soon, and the PSU can occasionally fry the mobo when it goes.  I used to enjoy building & fixing computers, but after having done so many it's more akin to work now (which it was for awhile).  I suppose it's still enjoyable enough to do, though.  :D

Rizik6

Quote from: Nefaro on October 13, 2013, 11:46:23 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 13, 2013, 10:01:08 AM
thats not to shabby Nefaro.
when I get down to it though I only need to replace the MB, CPU and memory.  everything else is pretty solid and up to date.

I probably should've gone that route, but I can still get some extra use out of the old tower.   Besides, I also prefer putting in a new hard drive and power supply while building or doing a big upgrade since those always have limited lifespans.  Mainly so that I don't have to reinstall the OS and software again anytime soon, and the PSU can occasionally fry the mobo when it goes.  I used to enjoy building & fixing computers, but after having done so many it's more akin to work now (which it was for awhile).  I suppose it's still enjoyable enough to do, though.  :D


That's what happened with my last upgrade. I bought a bigger psu so I could upgrade the video card. When I turned it on, smoke came out of the psu. Antec immediately replaced the psu, but I had to then put in a new motherboard. It wouldn't have been worth it to try and get compensation from Antec.