Question for Battlefront CM experts

Started by Tuna, October 13, 2013, 11:01:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tuna

I've been playing CMBN PBEM games with Con for 4 or 5 games now...
Con upgraded to MG.. Now when he sends me a turn.. I go into saved games and it doesn't show up.
We tried starting 'new' games and to no avail it does not work.

This is the only thing that has changed in our situation (Con getting MG).

Also tried starting a game with Judge (he can't see my files to load, and he says he doesn't have MG, but maybe we are not the same version either - we both have 2.0 though).

Is this a known issue, i.e. MG players can no longer play with lesser configurations?

I tried searching on Battlefront Forum, but can't find anything. I was going to post, but it's not accepting my ID for some reason.

Grim, if you're readin.. could you send me a test game (if you haven't upgraded)? We don't have to play.. I just want to see if it's working..

thanks


panzerde

I ran into this problem with the Tactical Problem scenarios form Bil Harding's blog.  He's running MG and the 2.10 update, I'm running 2.01, which (at least at the time) was the latest released version.  Looking at the patches page, it looks like there's no patch yet to update 2.01 to 2.10.  Hopefully those of us without MG will get a patch soon!

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Tuna

Ok.. that's kind of what I figured was causing the issue.. Grim (who I played before is sending me a file) he hasn't gotten it yet.. so if it works.. then I guess that's the issue...

So they will release a 2.10 patch for the non MG owners as well at some point?

panzerde

I haven't read anything saying they will or won't, I'm assuming there will be some method of upgrading 2.01 to 2.10 short of buying MG, but that's just an assumption.  With Battlefront, it could be that the MG module *is* the upgrade...
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Tuna

Yeah.. just got 'confirmation' on The Blitz  :(

Oh well, that kind of sucks..

lol.. now I wonder why Judge and I can't play.. wonder if I have a lil patch after 2.0 that he doesn't, or vice versa..

jomni

Go get MG because it has some nice enhancements / tweaks for urban combat.  I think it will make Normandy better.
That said, I don't have both games yet.

Tuna

Quote from: jomni on October 13, 2013, 06:33:15 PM
Go get MG because it has some nice enhancements / tweaks for urban combat.  I think it will make Normandy better.
That said, I don't have both games yet.

I have FSX stuff higher on my lists right now!!!.. Rex.. AirHauler!

panzerde

I'm sure I'm going to pick up MG soon.  Unfortunately in the past three weeks I've bought War in the East and an expansion, Battles in Italy, Command and Flashpoint Campaigns Red Storm.  I think I better give it a rest for a few weeks or I'll be sleeping out in the yard!
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Staggerwing

Will your computer's power cord reach all the way to the yard?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Bison

Is it snowing yet?  Do you own a tent or a large dog house?

panzerde

Excellent points, gentlemen.  When my old rig died a couple of weeks ago, I sprang for a gaming laptop.  I have a decent tent and a good sleeping bag.

I see no further obstacles to purchasing MG tonight!
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Tuna

I thought this would run on my laptop, because CMSF did.. but it would never start for me.. wouldn't even load to where I could activate it.

jomni

Quote from: Tuna on October 13, 2013, 06:43:59 PM
Quote from: jomni on October 13, 2013, 06:33:15 PM
Go get MG because it has some nice enhancements / tweaks for urban combat.  I think it will make Normandy better.
That said, I don't have both games yet.

I have FSX stuff higher on my lists right now!!!.. Rex.. AirHauler!

Good move.

panzerde

Quote from: Tuna on October 14, 2013, 06:01:06 PM
I thought this would run on my laptop, because CMSF did.. but it would never start for me.. wouldn't even load to where I could activate it.

I had a pretty decent gaming system, but the MSI GT70 I picked up runs circles around it.  It's honestly more of a desktop replacement.  Core i7, 12GB RAM, GTX 770M graphics card with 3GB video ram.  I imagine it won't run but two to three hours off the mains, but it'll give me some high-end gaming capabilities when travelling.

I'm planning a trip to Normandy next June, and I fully intend to sit in the hotel in Bayeaux after walking the beaches and play at least one game of CMBN...
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Con

Sort of reserecting this thread for another question on CMBN and MG module. 

Can you play PBEM quick battles on Market Garden battle maps if one of the players only have CMBN v2.0 but not the MG module?

I suspect no but I couldnt find a definitive answer

Any suggestions?

I am getting ready for a rematch with Tuna and while he has upgraded to CMBN to the latest patch (see that wasnt so hard now was it :>)  He still is languishing in the I spent too much on Christmas games doldrums to shell out for Market Garden.  Meanwhile I am doing bridge assaults and eating dutch Gouda on dykes and it would be niffty if he could join me on those maps

Thanks
Con