Civ V: Brave New World AI turn times

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, October 14, 2013, 10:06:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I fired up a new game of Civ V this weekend as I finally bought the Brave New World DLC.  I'm finding that it now takes a looooonnnggg time for the game to process the AI turns.  Has anyone else found this?   I'm at about 1500 AD and it's now taking upwards of 2-3 minutes for each turn to process.  I assume this is due to the caravans moving about but I'm not sure.

Anyone else finding the turn times longer now?  I tried putting on fast movement but it doesn't seem to make much of an impact.

bayonetbrant

there have been times that it seems to crank slowly, but I haven't experimented with different settings to compare too greatly.

My Venice game a few weeks ago was very city-state heavy (38 or so) and obviously very trade-heavy, but didn't seem to crank too slowly.  I played a Shoshone game not long ago that had a lot of combat and seemed to take forever for some turns and others breezed by.  I wonder if it's off-screen combat that's a factor?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

I had some slight slowdown but it was barely noticeable.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Yskonyn

I am running it on a 386, so yeah.. its darn slow. :D

No seriously, its been slightly slower at times, but I have not had 2 to 3 minute processing times. What are your specs?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Silent Disapproval Robot

I don't think it's combat.  My game was been unnervingly peaceful so far.  There are 12 civs and 20 city states in the game.  I randomized the map and ended up with a huge archipelago map.  Everyone's fairly spread out with Poland (me), Denmark, Persia, and Carthage on one land mass.  The Danes, Persians, and Carthagenians have been occasionally fighting it out, but that's about it as far as I know.

My PC specs are:

Intel Core i7-3930k @ 3.2GHz
16 GB RAM
AMD Radeon 3GB 7970 videocard


bayonetbrant

maybe it's because you're playing Poland? ;)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Mrs Darwin

All jokes aside, when I play as Poland, AI turns seem much longer than with other civs.
<Insert Expletive Here> Space Pirate


I'm a much nicer person when I keep my mouth shut.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Yeah, Civ V runs awfully slow in the late game, but I chalked that up to my desktop PC which is six years old but still handling the games, fortunately. I think it was a lot worse with GnK than with BNW, though.

I tuned down the graphic options - most notably the sea/water effects, and it helped speed things up a little.