Where are the AAA titles?

Started by SgtRock, October 15, 2013, 11:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SgtRock

October, November are normally the months for the release of the big AAA PC tiles but, this year I'm not seeing any?

vyshka

Battlefield 4 releases at the end of the month, Call of Duty: Ghosts in early November. Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag releases mid-November. Batman: Arkham Origins is the end of October.


ComradeP

Now that we're in the age of digital downloads and indie games, I don't think the conventional standards that used to apply still apply in the same way. In order to give someone a game for Christmas, the game could be released in December now and would still be on time, at least for PC games.

Sadly, as this is also the age of simplified (correction: "streamlined") sequels, I'm not excited about Battlefield 4 or CoD: Ghosts.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

vyshka

#3
I think I have seen Joel Billings say there is a possibility of War in the West making it out in 2013 as well, which is probably as close to AAA as you will get with a wargame. :)

Edit: Never mind that, my recollection was a post from last year. So no idea how close WITW is to release.

undercovergeek

CoD

BF4

XCOM Enemy Within

World of Warplanes

Watchdogs

Assassins Creed 4

Planetary Annihilation

FM 2014

How much money you got?

Jarhead0331

^FYI: Watchdogs was pushed to 2014.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 16, 2013, 06:21:45 AM
^FYI: Watchdogs was pushed to 2014.

See - saving Sgt Rock money!

oh boooooo, i missed off Wastelands II or did that get pushed as well?

mikeck

Well they are not triple a titles.  but over the last 45 days we seen a lot of strategy releases anyway.

Rome total war 2
Civil war 2
Command modern naval combat
Flashpoint campaigns
Dominions 4


seems like all the AAA titles are mostly first-person shooter type games which I don't play anyone
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

Wasteland II was indeed pushed back to 2014.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: mikeck on October 16, 2013, 07:25:40 AM
seems like all the AAA titles are mostly first-person shooter type games which I don't play anyone

i did until early this year when a child called me a f**ktard and then i almost self made an anneurism chasing him round the map to teach him the error of his ways............. at 41 i still like to pretend im indestructable, maybe even will live forever, impervious to disease, but i cannot shoot 16 year olds on a PS3 faster than they can shoot me - at first it made me sad and then just too angry, my PS3 is now for netflix and playing blu ray dvds on, my FPS games in the corner remind me of the ultimate warrior i once was

my only good thoughts are that maybe when im really old and losing my sight i run over whoever that kid was

SgtRock

Quote from: undercovergeek on October 16, 2013, 04:37:38 AM
CoD

BF4

XCOM Enemy Within

World of Warplanes

Watchdogs

Assassins Creed 4

Planetary Annihilation

FM 2014

How much money you got?

If these are the AAA tiles, I going to keep my money!  I see nothing but, click, click games  :-[

undercovergeek

to be fair XCOM is turn based, but for 2013 i reckon youve had your grog games already

Tpek

@Jarhead They just started having it for pre-order at various stores and now they're pushing it :P

@Gus Really? I've pretty much stopped tracking the game's development and just decided to patiently wait and be surprised by receiving it.

vyshka

Quote from: SgtRock on October 16, 2013, 09:32:51 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on October 16, 2013, 04:37:38 AM
CoD

BF4

XCOM Enemy Within

World of Warplanes

Watchdogs

Assassins Creed 4

Planetary Annihilation

FM 2014

How much money you got?

If these are the AAA tiles, I going to keep my money!  I see nothing but, click, click games  :-[

Football Manager, FM 2014, definitely isn't a click, click game, but then you have to be a fan of soccr and sports management sims :). That reminds me I should get back to my game of trying to manage Tamworth to promotion in Blue Square North.

Arctic Blast

I'm definitely down for BF4 and the XCom expansion. Perhaps they shall help pull me from my gaming funk.