What MMO's are you playing?

Started by SgtRock, October 20, 2013, 05:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SgtRock

I'm going to give Lineage II and Aion a try some time this week. Still looking for that GW 2 replacement, while I enjoyed Guild Wars 2, until there is some new longer term level 80+ content I'm done with it. The short term 2 week content they tried has been a mixed bag, jump through a new hoop each release for a new shiny, got old fast.
















Steelgrave

LotR Online, although I haven't fired it up in a few weeks.

republic

I play occasionally:

World of Tanks
Mechwarrior Online


I also have a Rift and Star Wars Old Republic account...but I'm still in the intro areas

Staggerwing

I've played the original Planetside and also was a WW2OL'er almost full time from 2001 to 2007 (and I'm still subbed though I don't have the time to invest that's needed to stay sharp). I've also regularly dropped in to the Cavern in the ongoing Uru open source project and occasionally checked out Second Life. That's about it, though I've also played a smidgen of WoT like most here.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

I'm trying this thing called life.
the graphics are amazing.
the npc's far less so.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Greybriar

I am almost MMO-free. I play World of WarCraft about thirty minutes a day and World of Tanks about once every month or two.

EVE Online, EverQuest, Lord of the Rings Online, and Runes of Magic are only on my hard drive because I haven't gotten around to uninstalling them yet.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

jomni

Microsoft Flight Simulator X + VATSIM

CptHowdy

log into eve every now and then. skilling up so I can run incursions. I would do some planetside 2 or world of tanks but my desktop is down. currently doing gaming on a laptop which limits me  :'(

Nefaro

I've been MMO'd out the last couple years.  Been doing some War Thunder on occasion, although that's not really an MMORPG.  Will likewise check out World of Warplanes again now that their control scheme has reportedly had some big improvements in the last udpate.

Yep.. just some match-based persistent arcade sims, waiting impatiently for the warship ones.

Dolan50

"I'm trying this thing called life.
the graphics are amazing.
the npc's far less so."

I play that game daily!
While the graphics are excellent,alot of the characters in that game suck and the penalties for killing them are very stringent,plus you can't blow stuff up without a really good reason. LOL
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

LongBlade

Quote from: Greybriar on October 20, 2013, 10:43:03 PM
I am almost MMO-free. I play World of WarCraft about thirty minutes a day and World of Tanks about once every month or two.

EVE Online, EverQuest, Lord of the Rings Online, and Runes of Magic are only on my hard drive because I haven't gotten around to uninstalling them yet.

It seemed like at one point you were the MMO dude.

Why the burnout?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Greybriar

Quote from: LongBlade on October 21, 2013, 09:03:30 AM
Quote from: Greybriar on October 20, 2013, 10:43:03 PM
I am almost MMO-free. I play World of WarCraft about thirty minutes a day and World of Tanks about once every month or two.

EVE Online, EverQuest, Lord of the Rings Online, and Runes of Magic are only on my hard drive because I haven't gotten around to uninstalling them yet.

It seemed like at one point you were the MMO dude.

Why the burnout?

I got burned out on WoW; it's mostly daily quests repeated over and over again if you aren't into dungeons and even if you are it boils down to lots of repetition.

And the Free-to-Play MMOs I've played just aren't my cup of tea. I'd much prefer the subscription based models that used to be the norm, but even they seem flat anymore.

Or perhaps after 14+ years I've outgrown MMOs.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Martok

I have Star Trek Online and Lord of the Rings Online installed on my PC, but I barely touch them -- as much out of fear I'll get hopelessly addicted, as for the sheer time sink they represent... 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

FlickJax

Just WoT's now but still on it nearly every day, just hit 16000 battles :(

Tpek

I'm always in/out of various MMOs.

From Star Trek Online, to DC Universe Online, Marvel Heroes, Star Wars Old Republic, GW2 and what not :P