Crusader Kings 2: Sons of Abraham Announced

Started by RooksBailey, October 22, 2013, 02:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

RooksBailey

Six months without an expansion?  I was starting to worry!  ;D

Praise Be to the Divine! Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham Announced

QuoteStrategy Gets Spiritual in the Latest Crusader Kings II Expansion

NEW YORK – October 22, 2013 – Religion is the hot topic of the day and the faithful's prayers have been answered; the divine powers at Paradox Interactive and Paradox Development Studio today announce Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham. Introducing a Holy Grail of new features, the blessed fifth expansion of the globally acclaimed strategy/RPG Crusader Kings II honors the big three in Medieval Europe: Christianity, Judaism and Islam. Deceit, politics and power are fine as long as they are in the name of one true god!

Become enlightened on Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham's features and mechanics with the Paradox Development Studio team in a brand new developer diary: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?730289-Crusader-Kings-II-Sons-of-Abraham-Dev-Diary-1-The-College-of-Cardinals

Plunge into the powerful and profitable world of Papal politics, appointing your bishops, gaining influence with the College of Cardinals and reap the rewards of the Pope's money and favours. Show your devotion with the Holy Orders; their clout will come in handy when you want to expel troublesome relatives to a monastery! Pick sides of the Islamic debate, choosing to follow the rationalist Mutazili or opposing Ashari or play as a Jewish lord and restore the Kingdom of Israel. Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham features hundreds of new religious events no matter what doctrine you follow!

Get ready to get spiritual as you crusade your way to greatness in the name of YOUR one true god!

Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham will release on all major digital-download portals on November 18, 2013.

Must have for me!
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Kushan

Sounds like some cool changes. Coming out just in time for the long Thanksgiving weekend here in the states. Right now the Pope is more or less useless. Get someone excommunicated and all you get is the ability to throw them in prison or a Cassus Belli. And the AI never tries to get the player excommunicated. Hopefully these will all be improved upon.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

WallysWorld

So many expansions for CKII. The game must have been a really good seller for Paradox.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Tpek

Quote from: WallysWorld on October 22, 2013, 02:58:43 PM
So many expansions for CKII. The game must have been a really good seller for Paradox.

Just preparing it for the (has it already been announced btw?) CK3 and the need to repurchase all said expansions :P

RooksBailey

Quote from: Kushan on October 22, 2013, 02:36:45 PM
And the AI never tries to get the player excommunicated.

I've been excommunicated by the AI before.  :(  Maybe not that common, but it does happen.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Nefaro

Quote from: WallysWorld on October 22, 2013, 02:58:43 PM
So many expansions for CKII. The game must have been a really good seller for Paradox.

Yep.  It was.  Certainly helped that Pdox got their sheeut together and released the base game in good condition.  I expect a similar slew of DLC for EU4.

Greybriar

Quote from: RooksBailey on October 22, 2013, 03:56:39 PM
Quote from: Kushan on October 22, 2013, 02:36:45 PM
And the AI never tries to get the player excommunicated.

I've been excommunicated by the AI before.  :(  Maybe not that common, but it does happen.

This is the first I've heard of Crusader Kings III being announced. My guess is Paradox will continue adding DLC and / or expansions for Crusader Kings II until sales drop off significantly.

Quote from: Nefaro on October 22, 2013, 04:22:11 PM
Quote from: WallysWorld on October 22, 2013, 02:58:43 PM
So many expansions for CKII. The game must have been a really good seller for Paradox.

Yep.  It was.  Certainly helped that Pdox got their sheeut together and released the base game in good condition.  I expect a similar slew of DLC for EU4.

Which is one reason why I haven't purchased EU4 yet. I'll pick it up down the road somewhere in a compilation pack with all its DLC and expansions for 50% to 75% off. The way I figure it is Paradox could give EU4 away and more than make up for the cost by selling endless DLC for it.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

JasonPratt

{throwing money at my screen} WHY WILL THE SCREEN NOT ACCEPT MY MONEY YET!!?!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

jomni

Sons of Abraham makes me think about Jews more than Roman Catholic Church.

Kushan

Quote from: Greybriar on October 22, 2013, 04:27:02 PM
This is the first I've heard of Crusader Kings III being announced. My guess is Paradox will continue adding DLC and / or expansions for Crusader Kings II until sales drop off significantly.

Its hasn't.

I would really like to see Paradox do an engine upgrade to CK2 and add the changing seasons from EU4. It might require a new game, but I don't see Paradox doing CK3 in the near future.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

tgb

Quote from: jomni on October 22, 2013, 08:01:57 PM
Sons of Abraham makes me think about Jews more than Roman Catholic Church.

Which is why it's a Day One purchase for me.


Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces