Main Menu

Chariot racing?

Started by Grim.Reaper, October 22, 2013, 06:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bob48

Chariots always make me think of Bob Newhart's 'General Chariot Corp'............. :)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

I thought you were going to type that chariots reminded you of your early 30s...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

Quote from: Gusington on October 23, 2013, 01:42:03 PM
I thought you were going to type that chariots reminded you of your early 30s...

Yeah....that as well........very early 30's mind you.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

Were you a driver for the Greens or the Reds?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

Mock ye not.

Take a lass out in the chariot for a bit of a pootle - let her take the reins, and then you have to stand behind her to 'keep her steady'.......

Well, you have to hold on to something.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Grimnirsson

QuoteThanks for jogging my memory....I knew I had played an AH boardgame on chariot racing many, many years ago but couldn't remember the name. It was a great old game.

We often played with the nasty optional rule of counting down 5...4...3...2...1 when a players turn was up and if he didn't make his decisions within this 5 sec time window his charioteer had to follow the orders that he gave for the last turn...too bad if the speed of the last order was too fast to make the turn that was in sight now...  8)

Good memories indeed (the game was on our gaming table in 2002):


"Mmmmh... perhaps I should tell him to brake before entering a curve... no, I think, I won't tell him..."


Circus Maximus - Hail to the Emperor!
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Gusington

^That is a wicked beard. Is that you?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Grimnirsson on October 23, 2013, 02:56:49 PM
QuoteThanks for jogging my memory....I knew I had played an AH boardgame on chariot racing many, many years ago but couldn't remember the name. It was a great old game.

We often played with the nasty optional rule of counting down 5...4...3...2...1 when a players turn was up and if he didn't make his decisions within this 5 sec time window his charioteer had to follow the orders that he gave for the last turn...too bad if the speed of the last order was too fast to make the turn that was in sight now...  8)

Good memories indeed (the game was on our gaming table in 2002):


"Mmmmh... perhaps I should tell him to brake before entering a curve... no, I think, I won't tell him..."


Circus Maximus - Hail to the Emperor!

Fun!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Grimnirsson

Quote^That is a wicked beard. Is that you?

No, that's my best friend, I met him in the Bundeswehr 25 years ago. I am the other guy but I was way younger than I am now or so it seems...and my friend got rid of the wicked beard :P

QuoteFun!

Yes it was! We had some great games running in some beer induced strange mood...you don't believe me, check it out! The girl with the many hats on is Hiimori ;)

http://hfcpics.blogspot.de/2010/08/1st-hfc-game-meeting-in-ahrweiler.html
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grimnirsson

She's my partner and a wargaming chick yes :)
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

undercovergeek


Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grimnirsson

LOL, is that a problem for you? ;)
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Gusington

Not unless she now has a beard like your buddy did.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd