Switch to the Celsius scale

Started by Huw the Poo, October 26, 2013, 04:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

GDS_Starfury

Next you'll want us to change our comics to kelvin and hobbes!
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Staggerwing

The pace of Americans adopting Celsius and the Metric System has been rather glacial.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Steelgrave

You give them an inch, they take a mile....all while wanting you to convert it to kilometers  8)

Airborne Rifles

The issue seems rather mercurial to me

Mr. Bigglesworth

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 26, 2013, 02:07:23 PM
Guess it's time to simmer down.

Better than being hot under the collar.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

bob48

I'm sure you can all measure up to the challenge.

<Note - how can you possibly exchange "Lets nip down to the pub for a pint" with "Lets nip down to the pub for a half litre">
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Mr. Bigglesworth

Quote from: bob48 on October 27, 2013, 05:48:26 AM
I'm sure you can all measure up to the challenge.

<Note - how can you possibly exchange "Lets nip down to the pub for a pint" with "Lets nip down to the pub for a half litre">

Remove the half, then it sounds ok. 8)
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

GDS_Starfury

that's the best argument I've heard so far.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


LongBlade

Quote from: bob48 on October 27, 2013, 05:48:26 AM
I'm sure you can all measure up to the challenge.

<Note - how can you possibly exchange "Lets nip down to the pub for a pint" with "Lets nip down to the pub for a half litre">

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Windigo

Quote from: LongBlade on October 27, 2013, 05:00:52 PM
Quote from: bob48 on October 27, 2013, 05:48:26 AM
I'm sure you can all measure up to the challenge.

<Note - how can you possibly exchange "Lets nip down to the pub for a pint" with "Lets nip down to the pub for a half litre">



+2.....
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.