Cinemaware: Wings - Remastered Edition back on Kickstarter

Started by xwormwood, November 10, 2013, 02:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

xwormwood

Cinemaware polished their Wings Remake and brought it back to Kickstarter, this time with a Demo (5 Levels) and a much improved presentation.



Link to the Kickstarter Campaign: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/850516062/wings-remastered-edition

Link to the official Game Webside http://cinemawarewings.com/

Link to the classical Amiga (1990) gameplay video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL-qtxNgoHU

Take a look and join the 56th Squadron, Gentlemen.

And don't forget to tell your familly, friends and colleagues too, because if we can reach the $250.000 Stretchgoal, than we will even see a German campaign as well.

Here the video from the Campaign page:


Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

SQEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

One of my favorite games ever!!!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

^Me too Bawb...1000s of hours, literally.

Haven't had time for the demo yet but soon...damned soon.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

Damn, but it was fun. Although you soon learned not to use your real name for pilots as it was not pleasant when they got KIA'ed (which was often) to see your name on the bloody tombstone...........

I remember that you had to qualify pilots before you could fly in the campaign, so the trick was to sit and create a load of 'em so you did not have to fart about and create a new one all the time.

All mine were based around the name 'Ginger', but you could not use the same 'active' name twice. Thus I had names such as 'Gingers Brother', 'Auntie Ginger', 'Not Ginger' and stuff like.

Well, you guys already know that I have a warped sense of humour.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

Ginger? Why? Maybe I don't want to know.

I finished the campaign once, I was so excited when I did.

Also loved the strafing missions, bombing, etc. Wings was just one of those games the delighted me in every way.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

^Well, Gus.

Back in ye olde days, there used to be a comic book hot-shot hero type pilot bloke named Matt Braddock, and his sidekick was called Ginger. Nothing more complicated than that. ;)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

em2nought

Stolen elections have consequences.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: bob48 on November 11, 2013, 01:58:48 PM
^Well, Gus.

Back in ye olde days, there used to be a comic book hot-shot hero type pilot bloke named Matt Braddock, and his sidekick was called Ginger. Nothing more complicated than that. ;)

I always figured you as more of a Biggles type.

bob48

lol - you have to do a few missions as Ginger before you can qualify as a Biggles!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

em2nought

...had trouble downloading with firefox for some reason, chrome worked fine.  I hate flying with keys. lol Demo flight seems much prettier than video I've watched of the original.  More feeling of altitude.  Guns jam, my plane smokes and burns, flak sounds get a bit monotonous when I'm lousy with keys, but the flak graphic effects are nice.
Stolen elections have consequences.

Gusington

I gotta grab he demo! I have also had similar download and other issues with Firefox.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd