Tips and tricks to becoming a morning person?

Started by Toonces, November 16, 2013, 10:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Toonces

Hello all.

One of the things about myself I would really like to change is I'd like to be more of a morning person.  For my entire life, I have never been able to properly function first thing in the morning.  It doesn't seem to matter how much sleep I get, I always wake up a bit tired and it takes me at least an hour to "warm up" and be functioning.

Specifically, I want to be able to do physical activity in the morning.  I see people who get up early and go running or something of that nature and for some reason I just can't bring myself to do that.  I hit an exercise sweet spot at about 2pm...that's when I really feel strong and like I can get in a good workout.

I bring this up because most surfers get up early to surf first thing in the morning to take advantage of the better wind conditions.  I have never been able to do this, even when I know the surf is going to be good.  I always feel a bit barfy for an hour or so until I've eaten, had some coffee, and just let my body adjust to being awake for a while.  My surfing sweet spot is at about 11am...well after I've had breakfast, had coffee, and then begun to re-hydrate myself.  About 11am I can have a banana and then hit the surf and easily put in several hours.  But then I usually miss the best wind conditions...

So anyway, certainly there are some morning people on here and I'm curious if it's just something you're born with, or if it's something I can train my body to do.  So if it's something you can learn, I'd appreciate any tips you might have.  And not the obvious stuff like "don't stay up until 2am drinking Maker's Mark and watching Youtube videos."  I already got that tip down!   ;D
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

GDS_Starfury

dont fight. 
sleep in.
maybe get some morning nookie.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Toonces

WTF is morning nookie?  I've never heard of that.   ::)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Staggerwing

#3
Quote from: Toonces on November 16, 2013, 10:21:06 PM
WTF is morning nookie?  I've never heard of that.   ::)

Star is referring to wake up sex.  Cockney slang but used here in the States as well... Nookie
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Toonces

Morning sex you say?  Nope, never heard of that before.   ::)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

LongBlade

Quote from: Toonces on November 16, 2013, 11:15:04 PM
Morning sex you say?  Nope, never heard of that before.   ::)

Star manages to accomplish things that most mortals can only imagine.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.