Matrix Holiday Sale Starts Tomorrow (21st November)

Started by JudgeDredd, November 20, 2013, 04:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

Just thought I'd let anyone interested know.

WiF @ 50% off would be cool ;D
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

steve58

I'm looking forward to it as usual.  I just went through the games Matrixgames released in 2013 (not including the re-released Ageod games) and the list is quite impressive, but unfortunately I doubt we'll see any of these on the sale:


  • Conflict of Heroes: Storms of Steel
  • Pandora First Contact
  • World in Flames
  • Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager
  • AJE: Parthian Wars
  • Fantasy Kommander-Eukarion Wars
  • Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm
  • Espana 1936
  • Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
  • Civil War II
  • Battle Academy - Rommel in Normandy
  • Germany at War: Operation Barbarossa 1941
  • Scourge of War Gettysburg 150th Anniversary Collection
  • Scourge of War: Brandy Station
  • Command Ops: Battles for Greece
  • Conflict of Heroes: Ghost Divisions
  • Panzer Corps Allied Corps
  • AJE: The Cantabrian Wars - 29BC
  • AJE: The Spartacus Revolt 73 BC
  • Distant Worlds: Shadows
  • Gary Grigsbys War in the East: Lost Battles
  • Panzer Corps Grand Campaign 1939-1945 mega pack
  • Battle Academy - Operation Husky
  • Panzer Corps Grand Campaign 45 West
  • Unity of Command:Red Turn
  • AJE: Birth of Rome

..but I won't be upset if Erik and company prove me wrong ;)
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Nefaro

I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the AGE games on sale, if the AGEOD guys have any say.  Perhaps AJE and/or BOR?  I need to get the latest expansion sometime.   ;)

I also wouldn't be surprised if some of the earlier Scourge of War stuff is in.

tgb

Erik has stated that the sale will NOT include anything released this year.

mirth

Quote from: tgb on November 20, 2013, 07:07:52 PM
Erik has stated that the sale will NOT include anything released this year.

That makes it easy then.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

GJK

Too bad.  I was hoping to pick up a copy of Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm.  Already spent my wargaming budget this year otherwise.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

RooksBailey

As long as Scourge of War: Antietam in on the list I'll be happy.  :)
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Gusington

OK even though Battle Academy won't be in the sale (or at least the latest release)...is there a mega pack for it?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Quote from: RooksBailey on November 20, 2013, 09:15:43 PM
As long as Scourge of War: Antietam in on the list I'll be happy.  :)

+1....and Chancellorsville too!

RooksBailey

Quote from: Rayfer on November 20, 2013, 09:57:01 PM
Quote from: RooksBailey on November 20, 2013, 09:15:43 PM
As long as Scourge of War: Antietam in on the list I'll be happy.  :)

+1....and Chancellorsville too!

Chancellorsville is a great expansion.  Bought it earlier this year.  Love all the trees!   :D
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

GJK

Quote from: RooksBailey on November 20, 2013, 10:15:38 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on November 20, 2013, 09:57:01 PM
Quote from: RooksBailey on November 20, 2013, 09:15:43 PM
As long as Scourge of War: Antietam in on the list I'll be happy.  :)

+1....and Chancellorsville too!

Chancellorsville is a great expansion.  Bought it earlier this year.  Love all the trees!   :D

I'm still playing through the Antietam scenarios and have really enjoyed them.  I really should get Chancy too.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

JudgeDredd

#11
I'm taking a break from games from there anyway. They haven't released anything I'm much interested in of late (lite wargames?) and anything I was interested in had my enthusiasm squashed by the price. Seems I'm being priced out the niche market  :D

Quote from: tgb on November 20, 2013, 07:07:52 PM
Erik has stated that the sale will NOT include anything released this year.
Where did he state that? You'll likely know better than I as I hardly frequent there anymore - but that's a turn in policy...their previous sales often included sales on games released that year. As an example Command:Battles for the Bulge was on sale on release year.

Perhaps they based it on how well they sold on release (what's the point in having a new release sitting there making 100 sales when it could sell more in a sale)?

Also I believe they held onto items they had only just released to make sure people KNOW their policy that they won't be in the sale...that way anyone waiting on the sale for a game they wanted that was released in the last 3 (6?) months would know they would have to wait until the following year...therefore forcing the purchase on release.

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Greybriar

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 21, 2013, 01:57:46 AM
Quote from: tgb on November 20, 2013, 07:07:52 PM
Erik has stated that the sale will NOT include anything released this year.
Where did he state that?....
In this post.
"We don't typically put recently release games in the holiday sale FYI. It typically covers the entire catalog except for the games release within the last year."
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

JudgeDredd

^oh...never saw that.

But they have - I guess that's covered by the "typically".

Thx
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

FlickJax