What time is best for you to game?

Started by MetalDog, November 22, 2013, 09:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MetalDog

I love to play games.  And I love to have people to play them with.  Unfortunately, my online time is not the same as everyone elses.  So I thought I would start up a thread in Computer Wargaming in hopes that opponents can find one another.  It's what we are all here for anyways.  If it takes off, I hope one of the mods will sticky it.

The best time for me is weekend mornings in the Eastern Time Zone of the U.S.  If need be, I am willing to sacrifice a little sleep to accommodate an early start.  Forgot, should include I am GMT -6, I think.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Ubercat

Weekday mornings are best for me, followed by nights after 8PM. I'm in the Eastern US timezone as well.

I have a bunch of great games on Vassal, as well Matrix World in Flames, which I am still learning.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

BanzaiCat

I'm in the Central Time Zone. I sometimes have evenings free (say 1700-on) but weekends tend to be better, depending on what the wife has planned of course.

Kushan

Anytime on the weekends is best for me, followed by weekday nights after 6pm PST (-8 GMT).
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Martok

Assuming it's a work-night, midday is generally the best time for me to game (around 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. CST).  I get off work at 7 a.m., and the next few hours after that tend to be spent running errands, checking email/forums/etc., and making myself dinner. 

Not surprisingly, it's difficult for me to participate in MP games, regardless of which time zone the other player(s) is/are in. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

undercovergeek

we need a chart or a table so we can see at a glance whos where and when

republic

Great idea!  I agree we need a chart also.

I'm available generally 18:00-22:00 Central Standard Time GMT -6

Barthheart

Eastern time zone here.

Most weekdays 7pm to 9pm
Most weekends 7am to 9am, 10pm to midnight

LongBlade

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 23, 2013, 05:16:35 AM
we need a chart or a table so we can see at a glance whos where and when

Done.

OK, here's the deal. Anyone with the link can see this. Anyone with the link can edit this. If you guys think it's being monkeyed with let me know and I'll dial back the access. Hopefully nobody gets on and drunk posts finding out the next morning we're all playing evenings on Jupiter Aquiferious Time or something.

However, if you think this is too open I'll change the security now. My hope was that you guys can simply add yourselves and adjust your times as you see fit, but I'm happy to reconsider based on popular demand.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuFUtoDXR5LedFV2TUdfLTNnTnhldU5oSU00Xy1HOGc&usp=sharing
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

MetalDog

Thanks, LB!  Very awesome of you to do that!  Helpful, too :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob


BanzaiCat

Just like a "who's available" white board...good work LB, thanks.

W8taminute

Very nice LB thanks!  I hope you don't mind but I added a column for timezone. 

Maybe you could add 7 more columns like this:  Su M T W Th F Sa

In the cells below day of the week column header people could type in the times.  Last column can still be where people can list games or leave other comments.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Martok

Good work LB; thanks!  Good idea, W8taminute.  :) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

W8taminute

^Thanks Martok.

I modded the table a bit to show what I was thinking.  Need to come up with standard conventions for defining the times in number format so that I can generate a stacked bar chart off the data.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk