Soooo...it's kinda Friday in the states!

Started by mikeck, November 27, 2013, 02:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bob48

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 27, 2013, 02:50:58 PM
Quote from: bob48 on November 27, 2013, 02:43:59 PM
Don't encourage the buggers Geek - no holidays for us  >:(

you dont do anything!!!!!


:P

Actually, the company I work for is American owned, therefore I submit that I should be allowed to celebrate these hols as well >:(
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Sir Slash

Just finished beating the Dogs--t out of the Wolf Queen in Skyrim. Or was it the wolfs--t out of the Dog Queen? Any way it was a hell-of-a-fight even with Lydia and a couple of summoned Deadre Princes. And it involved excrement and a queen of some canine origin. So I had my Skyrim fix. Now it's back to Italy in CMFI and Rome 2 along with leaving greasy, turkey fingerprints everywhere. 8)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Kushan

I traded leaving works early today for a having to go in for some OT this weekend. But it should give me a full afternoon of non interrupt able gaming time.

My gaming this weekend will consists of a little bit of everything:

Skyrim
Xenonauts
Diablo 3 (360)
Arma 3
Command
FC:RS
CK2
EUIV
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Martok

Not a whole lot different for me (gaming-wise) this weekend -- which, by the way, started for me two days ago and ends Friday morning (I work five nights in a row, starting Friday evening). 

Anyway, I'll definitely be playing more Rome 2; continuing my Pontus campaign.  Not sure what I'll play aside from that, although odds are good it'll be some combination of Armada 2526 Supernova, Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes, Birth of the Federation (I've been feeling the pull of my long-neglected Klingon campaign), and/or Crusader Kings 2 -- I've still not played that last one anywhere near as much as I ought to have by now.  :-[ 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

tgb

Empire
State of Decay
Let's See What Steam Has On Sale Now
Re-installing my apps on my replacement  Nexus 7

MetalDog

@bob and UCG - If you can get Boxing Day instituted as a holiday in the U.S., we'll let you have Thanksgiving with us :)  And I agree, bob, that if you are owned by an American company, you should get American holidays.  You'll have to give up your uniquely English holidays, like, Shite!  It's Cold and Rainy, celebrated on July 20th.  Or Help! I've Eaten English Food Again And Have To Spend The Day In The Loo, celebrated on, well, every day I suspect ;)

As for gaming, Warlock has sucked me back in.  I'm approaching Turn 300 on a game with everything maxed out.  Three opponents are eliminated and four remain.  I've cleared out two underworlds and I am currently entering a third to be sanitized.  If there is time, I expect Civ IV BtS MP and I aim to play something else, too.  Just not sure what, yet.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

undercovergeek

You don't get boxing day? Booooo

What was the point of winning your independence if you weren't going to make the same holidays?

Gusington

The only time I've been to the UK I landed at London on Boxing Day...I had no idea wtf was going on :)
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on November 27, 2013, 08:15:35 PM
The only time I've been to the UK I landed at London on Boxing Day...I had no idea wtf was going on :)

It was once sacred.... not a thing moved.... it used to be like 28 days later in the town centre but now it's the annual feast day of buying sofas and dining room furniture.... once there was no point going out on boxing day, now I wouldn't dare

My dad still refuses to get dressed on boxing day.....it was his day as a parent and a worker to just shut down, eat pork pie and piccalilli, watch James bond and beat me at the new Christmas board game....I loved it

Gusington

I was there in 2003 and could not get a cab to save my life...it WAS like 28 Days Later.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

Quote from: MetalDog on November 27, 2013, 07:00:43 PM
@bob and UCG - If you can get Boxing Day instituted as a holiday in the U.S., we'll let you have Thanksgiving with us :)  And I agree, bob, that if you are owned by an American company, you should get American holidays.  You'll have to give up your uniquely English holidays, like, Shite!  It's Cold and Rainy, celebrated on July 20th.  Or Help! I've Eaten English Food Again And Have To Spend The Day In The Loo, celebrated on, well, every day I suspect ;)

LMAO!!! I knew there was a reason our ancestors immigrated over here!

mikeck

Quote from: Gusington on November 27, 2013, 08:37:45 PM
I was there in 2003 and could not get a cab to save my life...it WAS like 28 Days Later.

So it's like "Black Friday" over here? (Which is slowly becoming Black Thursday night through Friday)
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

No just the opposite...there was no one anywhere.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I've never really liked Boxing that much to make a whole holiday out of it--- I can't pee with those big gloves on. Now eating hot wings & watching football( the real stuff not Rugby), I could celebrate that every Sunday-- and usually do. Apologies to all of Britain I just probably insulted. ;D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Toonces

Quote from: Sir Slash on November 27, 2013, 03:27:10 PM
That sounds like REAL fun Toonces. Can you give them the finger out your plane window in that simulation? 70 Degrees here in the big Fla. When it drops below 50 we all get crazy and storm the mall looking for winter clothing to buy.

LOL.

It didn't exactly suck here today.   ;D

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs