Soooo...it's kinda Friday in the states!

Started by mikeck, November 27, 2013, 02:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

GJK

15yr old son showed interest in CM:SF so I picked that up last night.  We'll see if he still likes it once we try a LAN game or two.

The biggie for the week(end) though is my son said that he was interested in playing a little ASL.  I had to take a seat and regain some thought process after he uttered those words.  So, hoping that we can play a little scenario to refresh his memory and then I want to get some armor on the maps!  In one of our earlier scenarios using armor, he actually did quite well.  He put a PzIV in a vital crossroads area and was mowing down my infantry left and right with it for a number of turns.  The last game of ASL that we played though, my AFV's just steamrolled over his armor and we haven't played since.  Think that left a mark so I may have to sacrifice an AFV or two to keep his interest levels up.  :)

Also excited to see the first turn of our Forum Based Twilight Struggle game unfold.  You guys stop by and cheer on either the commies or the capitalists.  Should be a fun time of smack talk world domination!
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

W8taminute

I got Fantasy Flight Games 'Star Wars: The Card Game' from Amazon a few days ago.  I need to start reading the rules and putting some screenies together for an AAR.

Got Space Empires V, Brave New World DLC for CiV, and Company of Heroes 2.  Also picked up Battle Academy.  Lot's to do this week!   :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

undercovergeek

i shall shortly be retiring to the sofa to read the Twilight rules with a glass of Jamesons

GJK

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 28, 2013, 10:55:45 AM
i shall shortly be retiring to the sofa to read the Twilight rules with a glass of Jamesons

I could picture Eisenhower doing that....
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

undercovergeek

thats the image im hoping to project

maybe not so after my fourth glass when i fall asleep face down with my ass in the air

<<edit - why and how my ass is in the air is not open for debate!!!>>


Bison

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 28, 2013, 12:06:59 PM
thats the image im hoping to project

maybe not so after my fourth glass when i fall asleep face down with my ass in the air

<<edit - why and how my ass is in the air is not open for debate!!!>>

This was the worst possible way to describe your state of being after a few drinks.  As a scholar and a gentleman, I will not mock you ruthlessly for your blatant need to offer up your ass after a few drinks.  Whether or not you are a cheap and easy floozy is none of my business.  Carry on, Geek, carry on.

undercovergeek

its been my go to position for the last 2 sessions, courtesy of Honey Jack Daniels and Mr Jamesons - i can only assume its because im in the comfort of my own home and theres noone else in there with me!

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

I'm not sure how I feel about the Honey Jack Daniels.  It's good, but kind of sweet, you know?  Anyway, I just bought a big jug of regular Jack, so I guess I do know how I feel about it.   ::)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

undercovergeek

Quote from: Toonces on November 28, 2013, 01:39:20 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about the Honey Jack Daniels.  It's good, but kind of sweet, you know?  Anyway, I just bought a big jug of regular Jack, so I guess I do know how I feel about it.   ::)

After a glass or three it does seem to turn into cough medicine.... a bit like drambuie and southern comfort... but by then I'm half way to tipping over!

Do you have ice with your jd? And do you put ice in your whisky?

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

undercovergeek

I always put it in jd but never in whisky but I don't know why.... I think my dad passed it down

LongBlade

We've got family up so the time I'm taking to slip away to get on the lappy is the time I use to put stuff up on the front page.

Oh, and I fried a turkey today for the first time. It was every bit as good as rumored.

Relatives may exit the house on Saturday, at which point my regularly scheduled gaming may resume. Having just finished Hitman Absolution I may have to pop for Assassins Creed IV based on Jarhead's recommendation.

I also need to get the patch(s) loaded for Flashpoint Red Storm and see what new goodies are in store.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Nefaro

Quote from: W8taminute on November 28, 2013, 10:51:14 AM
I got Fantasy Flight Games 'Star Wars: The Card Game' from Amazon a few days ago. 

You should swing by.  I would love to play that.  ;D

I have Netrunner from Fantasy Flight, another one of their LCGs.   It's pretty cool how the two sides' gameplay mechanics differ in opposition of each other.  I had picked up some of the old CCG version back in the late 90s and I'm glad someone re-released it as an LCG.  I'm guessing the Star Wars one is also similarly derived from an earlier CCG version??

The only issue with these LCGs is that they're only 2-player.