The 2013 Black Friday B.S. Thread

Started by BanzaiCat, November 27, 2013, 12:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

I worked in Eddie Bauer, Eddie Bauer Home, and Abercrombie & Fitch.

I actually helped build the Eddie Bauer Home store, laying down the parkay floors. I was the stock gnome in the other stores. I almost slept with my manager at the regular Eddie Bauer but at the time I was roughly 19 and she was 30-something, not particualrly hot and it creeped me out.

And there you have it.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on November 28, 2013, 09:01:50 AM
I worked in Eddie Bauer, Eddie Bauer Home, and Abercrombie & Fitch.

I actually helped build the Eddie Bauer Home store, laying down the parkay floors. I was the stock gnome in the other stores. I almost slept with my manager at the regular Eddie Bauer but at the time I was roughly 19 and she was 30-something, not particualrly hot and it creeped me out.

And there you have it.

the list of people you nearly slept with grows and grows

Staggerwing

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 28, 2013, 09:13:54 AM
Quote from: Gusington on November 28, 2013, 09:01:50 AM
I worked in Eddie Bauer, Eddie Bauer Home, and Abercrombie & Fitch.

I actually helped build the Eddie Bauer Home store, laying down the parkay floors. I was the stock gnome in the other stores. I almost slept with my manager at the regular Eddie Bauer but at the time I was roughly 19 and she was 30-something, not particualrly hot and it creeped me out.

And there you have it.

the list of people you nearly slept with grows and grows

Every year Gus' 'Nearlies' have a convention where they all sleep with each other to try and dull the pain of those long ago rejections.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

undercovergeek


W8taminute

I butchered thousands of people one black friday long ago stampeding my way through in order to get a tickle me elmo.  Since the incident I've not been able to bring myself to shop on that day again. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Mr. Bigglesworth

Quote from: W8taminute on November 28, 2013, 10:44:42 AM
I butchered thousands of people one black friday long ago stampeding my way through in order to get a tickle me elmo.  Since the incident I've not been able to bring myself to shop on that day again.

You no longer tickle Elmo?
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


LongBlade

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 28, 2013, 09:18:19 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on November 28, 2013, 09:13:54 AM
Quote from: Gusington on November 28, 2013, 09:01:50 AM
I worked in Eddie Bauer, Eddie Bauer Home, and Abercrombie & Fitch.

I actually helped build the Eddie Bauer Home store, laying down the parkay floors. I was the stock gnome in the other stores. I almost slept with my manager at the regular Eddie Bauer but at the time I was roughly 19 and she was 30-something, not particualrly hot and it creeped me out.

And there you have it.

the list of people you nearly slept with grows and grows

Every year Gus' 'Nearlies' have a convention where they all sleep with each other to try and dull the pain of those long ago rejections.

Heh heh heh.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 27, 2013, 01:02:46 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 27, 2013, 12:05:30 PMAnyone planning on braving the elements and crowds this year? If so, what are you looking to get? I've seen folks posting game wishes throughout several threads.

I'm going to Panera to pick up some bread to go with the gumbo that afternoon.  If the bread happens to be on sale, that's a bonus, but not expected.  And I'm walking, so no need to fight for parking.

Actually, I have a FRAGO - I will need to go to the grocery store, too, as we need cocktail sauce and another bundle of firewood.  Still not going near anything resembling a 'big box store'...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

GDS_Starfury

Im shopping pc parts.  why do I do this?
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Martok

You've hinted at a certain degree of masochism before. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces