The 2013 Black Friday B.S. Thread

Started by BanzaiCat, November 27, 2013, 12:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: OJsDad on November 30, 2013, 10:48:24 AMKids and I ventured out yesterday about 2:30. 

We ended up at Target for about 45 minutes yesterday afternoon for a couple of things for the kids, but I also found a portable 1TB HD for about $60, and then got another 10% off with the red card / pharm rewards combo.  In and out, no lines, no idiots, and even the parking wasn't too bad.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Went to a Super Wal-Mart this morning for groceries, about 9am...hardly a soul in the place, which is odd, but welcome.

Also, this, to help heighten your holiday cheer...

http://blackfridaydeathcount.com


LongBlade

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 01, 2013, 04:33:54 PM
Went to a Super Wal-Mart this morning for groceries, about 9am...hardly a soul in the place, which is odd, but welcome.

Also, this, to help heighten your holiday cheer...

http://blackfridaydeathcount.com

I've opened a separate thread for that kind of idiocy. http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=8451.0
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Not quite Black Friday but the local gun stores are having their annual sales next weekend and the weekend after that.  Last year was the first time I went.  I finished my night shift at 7am and drove to the store which was scheduled to open at 10am.  When I got there, there were already in excess of 200 people in line.  Some had lawn chairs.  One group even brought a couch and a BBQ.  I didn't get into the store until 10:45 and the pistol I wanted was already sold out.  Ended up buying an M&P 9mm instead just so it wasn't a total waste of time.  It actually wasn't a bad experience.  Everyone was well behaved and I had a good time chatting with the people in line around me.

Going again this year but this time I'm bringing a dolly for ammo.

GDS_Starfury

#64
I have to admit that Black Friday was a slow day for me and Mirths mom.  ;)
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Dolan50

#65
I had to go out for Black Friday and do a little grocery shopping.
I ran out or low on a few items during Thanksgiving and decided to go to the local Super Target to replenish those items since it is closer than the Publix Super Market I generally shop at for groceries.

Though the Target was a bit more crowded than usual,everyone seemed well behaved and the shopping was very casual with enough staff on hand to make standing in line a bit less time consuming.

My only complaint is the salted butter bin was empty and the store didn't have any in stock and I ended up going to Publix anyways.

A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

OJsDad

My wife and friends were at Kohls late afternoon on Friday and it took an hour to get checked out. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Steelgrave

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 01, 2013, 05:23:06 PM
Everyone was well behaved and I had a good time chatting with the people in line around me.

Well armed people tend to be polite  ;D