Interesting....Future Football?

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 05, 2013, 05:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

Frozen Endzone......Interesting concept...may have to give this a try.  From the creators of Frozen Synapse....

http://www.frozenendzone.com/

bbmike

I'd be happier if someone did a REAL football game kind of like OOTP but with great graphics.  :-\
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: bbmike on December 05, 2013, 06:02:24 PM
I'd be happier if someone did a REAL football game kind of like OOTP but with great graphics.  :-\

No argument there.....but for some reason seems like that will likely never happen....the biggest missed opportunity in my opinion.

Steelgrave

Quote from: bbmike on December 05, 2013, 06:02:24 PM
I'd be happier if someone did a REAL football game kind of like OOTP but with great graphics.  :-\

+1 Absolutely!

BanzaiCat

This looks like it might be fun. I like the turns running at the same time. And, looks like these robots catch passes a hell of a lot better than the players in Blood Bowl do.

GJK

Looks like it's too easy to dump off a short pass with the way the turn starts.  Could of just been those couple of examples though.  I don't care for the boxes thing, I'd just like a traditional football field.  I'll keep an eye on it, who knows.

Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Arctic Blast

Turn based Cyberball meets Frozen Synapse? I'll just be pre-ordering this now.

Toonces

Call me crazy, but I do believe I'll be ordering as well.  Plus it comes with two copies!   8)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

CptHowdy

anyone jump on this? thoughts. thanks.

PanzersEast


Bison

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 05, 2013, 06:05:26 PM
Quote from: bbmike on December 05, 2013, 06:02:24 PM
I'd be happier if someone did a REAL football game kind of like OOTP but with great graphics.  :-\

No argument there.....but for some reason seems like that will likely never happen....the biggest missed opportunity in my opinion.

I wonder if part of the problem facing developers isn't the NFL, NFLPA and NCAA licensing.  I bet the NFL and NFLPA commands a damned hefty licensing fee to use real names, logos, etc...

CptHowdy

Quote from: Bison on December 17, 2013, 03:07:50 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 05, 2013, 06:05:26 PM
Quote from: bbmike on December 05, 2013, 06:02:24 PM
I'd be happier if someone did a REAL football game kind of like OOTP but with great graphics.  :-\

No argument there.....but for some reason seems like that will likely never happen....the biggest missed opportunity in my opinion.

I wonder if part of the problem facing developers isn't the NFL, NFLPA and NCAA licensing.  I bet the NFL and NFLPA commands a damned hefty licensing fee to use real names, logos, etc...

there was just a court case where former college players sued the ncaa for using their likenesses or names in sports games such as the EA series of games. I also think that is why there wont be anymore ncaa2k games for basketball or football at least for the time being. it also doesn't help when those entities give exclusive rights to a company such as EA. killed any competition they had.

Bison


Nefaro

Quote from: CptHowdy on December 17, 2013, 03:14:05 PM
it also doesn't help when those entities give exclusive rights to a company such as EA. killed any competition they had.

I heartily agree.  Exclusivity is a nice way of saying "monopoly", and that doesn't turn out well for the consumer or innovation.   I recall finally trying the 2k series of NFL games on the console years ago.  It was the final one before EA freaked out and pulled their bullshit deal with the NFL.  After I tried out the 2k game, it was easy to see how much better the gameplay and AI was in it - obviously people at EA did too and pulled all the tricks they could to eliminate the competition.  It worked, unfortunately, and there was no trust-busting to rid us of being saddled with the underachiever.

Between that and the IP rights payoffs and courtroom wars, few people want to touch the stuff these days.  Especially after seeing how easily the competition gets shut out.  ::)

Arctic Blast

Hey, blame the NFL. They're the only entity that could have given anyone exclusivity.

As for Frozen Endzone, I picked it up. I still have a second key if anyone's interested... ;D