Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!

Started by MetalDog, December 06, 2013, 07:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mirth

I'm on a PvE server. I'm playing for the storyline. Definitely enjoying it so far.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Kushan

Up until last I night I would say I was going to play Skyrim all weekend. But when testing out the latest release of RCRN last night I seem to have corrupted my entire game installation. Not sure what caused it, might have been something left over from using/uninstalling ENB. All I know is it crashed my entire computer and I can't load any of my saves.

Probably some Command, FC:RS, and Baldurs Gate 1 EE. I'm not sure what I'm in the mood for. Given the freezing cold weather this weekend, I might just pull out the scotch or bourbon and catch up on some reading and YouTube Let's Plays.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Jarhead0331

I've just reinstalled my Strike Fighters 2 collection and applied some of the best mods, so I plan on dropping a lot of bombs over North Vietnam this weekend.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


KyzBP

Since I'm angry at the entire gaming industry for never making an American Football Manager worthy of Football Manager comparisons, I've fired up Bowl Bound by Greydog Software.  I'll be playing/modding that game most of the weekend.  I also plan on continuing a game of Shadowrun Returns.  Of course the weekend wouldn't be complete without a few attempts at Survivor Squad.

Arctic Blast

Splinter Cell : Blacklist. And stupid Marvel Puzzle Quest, which has completely distracted me from games that I actually paid money for...

Rizik6

Continuing a campaign in Rome 2. I just picked up Alea Jacta Est and Birth of Rome. I'd like to give them a try but it would probably be too much Rome.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: skeptical.platypus on December 06, 2013, 02:07:25 PM
I am fairly sure that Flashpoint Campaigns is going to consume me this weekend. My wargaming dna was birthed in Red Storm Rising, which birthed the sub game of the same name (irrc), to Gunship2000, to M1 Tank Platoon, to TOAW, so FC:Red Storm sure looks like the game I've wanted to play for years. (If Command Ops does coldwar or modern day, I'm likely to discharge inappropriately.)

Xenonauts demo, Xcom, and Simcity4 likely alternates.

Flashpoint Campaigns is kind of a dream game for me as well.  The first computer wargame I really liked was Norm Koger's Red Lightning.  FC reminds me a lot of that great game. 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Barthheart

Friday I played "drive 12hours in a frickin ice storm through the hills of Kentucky" with the Ice covered Roads and Arseholes with Bald Tires DLC's.

Managed to survive that and was rewarded with fantastic night at The Grand Old Opry here in Nashville.

Driving to Tuscaloosa AL tomorrow for a conference then on to the Keys for 2 weeks of sun.

Might squeeze in some gaming in the mornings before my wife gets up......

Sir Slash

Enjoy the Keys Barth. The weather should be near perfect. Watch your wallet at the Southernmost point of the US, that's in Key West if you're going there, and don't let any of the "helpful" locals use your camera to take a picture of you there, it'll probably be the last time you see it. Just saying.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

hey Bart, gimmi a call when you roll through my neck of the woods.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Silent Disapproval Robot

Finally got the parents out of my place and off to Hawaii so I'm free.  Shame that my week off is over in a day.  I went to a gun sale this morning and stood in line for 4 hours in -10C temps to pick up a few thousand rounds of ammo.  It wasn't too bad apart from the cold.  I always have a good time chatting with the people in line.

I played some Iron Front MP today.  It was fun but I died in every single mission.
Got Arma III on tap for tomorrow.  I will likely play some Call of Juarez: Gunslinger as well and possibly play a bit more of my Russia vs. Japan 2013 scenario in Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops.

Martok

Like Greybriar, I'm feeling a bit burned out at the moment, and am thus not sure yet what I'm going to play on my two nights off here.  I played a little Neverwinter Nights and dinked around with my Klingon campaign in Birth of the Federation before going to bed this afternoon, but right now I'm just not feeling it. 




Quote from: Barthheart on December 07, 2013, 11:52:50 PM
Friday I played "drive 12hours in a frickin ice storm through the hills of Kentucky" with the Ice covered Roads and Arseholes with Bald Tires DLC's.

Managed to survive that and was rewarded with fantastic night at The Grand Old Opry here in Nashville.

Driving to Tuscaloosa AL tomorrow for a conference then on to the Keys for 2 weeks of sun.

Might squeeze in some gaming in the mornings before my wife gets up......
Yikes!  Glad you made it to Nashville okay, Barthheart, and have fun in the Keys. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MetalDog

Bart, wish I had known you were coming this way.  You almost have to go right past my house!  We could have had breakfast at the Cracker Barrell or something.  Maybe on the way back you hit me up?!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Barthheart

Quote from: MetalDog on December 08, 2013, 10:17:59 AM
Bart, wish I had known you were coming this way.  You almost have to go right past my house!  We could have had breakfast at the Cracker Barrell or something.  Maybe on the way back you hit me up?!

Yeah, I shoulda mentioned my path of destruction .... err ... travel earlier. Not sure I'm coming back through this way on the way home......

MetalDog

Well, if you come back this way, give me some warning.  If you don't know the joys of Cracker Barrell, I will introduce you ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob