Cinemaware: Wings - Remastered Edition back on Kickstarter

Started by xwormwood, November 10, 2013, 02:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 24, 2013, 09:50:57 AM
I never played this one but I saw the 'rocket ranger' one (or whatever it was called) on a friend's Amiga back in 1989 or so. I just downloaded the demo and played through it and it's fun, but not very immersive - I wonder if that's just because this is a demo and not the full-fledged product?

Now if I can find the game Red Baron that will work on Vista, I'll be happy...

Some info on running Red Baron 3D here: http://www.theaerodrome.com/forum/games-flight-sims/31416-red-baron-3d-xp-vista.html

If you are trying to run the original dos RB then Dosbox should work.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

Thanks, Stagger - might give it another try. Dosbox never worked well for me and was a pain to get started when it did work. Still I miss that game...i once had a German pilot with over 150 kills and I shot down Goering to ensure the future of the Fatherland.   ;D

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Wings has reached and surpassed its goal with six days to go:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/850516062/wings-remastered-edition

Project is greenlighted!! *passes out in glee*
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 24, 2013, 09:50:57 AM

Now if I can find the game Red Baron that will work on Vista, I'll be happy...

Doesn't GOG's version of Red Baron/Red Baron 3D work on newer OSes?  Their games already have DOSbox included and set up to run after a simple installer.

http://www.gog.com/game/red_baron_pack


I've debated picking it up for my laptop.

xwormwood

Now that the 56th Squadron will fly again there are some new and very nice pictures from the bombing and strafing missions (even though they are still more or less demos about how the game might look like once it has been done):



I'm really glad that they managed to collect enough pledges to re-start the engines. All I hope now is that they get some more, and later, once done, sell enough games to create an add-on or do more remastered versions of Games like Lords of the Rising Sun, Defender of the Crown, It came from the desert etc.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

^Bloody hell - Defenders of the Crown - I had forgotten about that. Now I can hear that crappy theme tune again!

na na nana, na na nana, nana nana nana, na na nana.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

^I bet you have it running around your head as well now :D
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

To be honest that tune has never left me! It appears randomly from time to time. I have a soft spot for Defender of the Crown.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat


Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Gusington on December 08, 2013, 08:12:05 PM
^Lords of the Rising Sun?

Nope, this one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sword_of_the_Samurai_(video_game)

Sid Meier himself had a hand in this one.

You start out as a low-ranking samurai in service to a daimyo. Your goal is to become daimyo yourself, either by being the most respected samurai in his service when he retires/dies of natural causes, or by being the most respected samurai in his service when you murder him in his sleep (or in a duel). The path to that goal is quite enjoyable with a pretty straightforward angle as far as becoming honorable and currying favor (and even getting married and having kids - hopefully boys, because if you die in a duel or get caught trying to kill someone in the dead of the night, you'll need heirs to continue the game).

Once you become daimyo then the wargame side of things start, where you start conquering provinces and marshaling your army so you can become Shogun.

You can actually get a copy here:

http://www.myabandonware.com/game/sword-of-the-samurai-1us

If you have DosBox, that is. I've downloaded it but haven't had time to see if it works. Seems like most "abandonware" is 50/50 with me getting it to work.

And if that wasn't kosher to post that link, forum lords, please accept my apologies and delete it/let me know and I'll delete it.

Gusington

Cool game.

Back to OP Wings is now reaching some of its more modest stretch goals. Not too shabby for a campaign that failed on its first try.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd