Main Menu

WitP:AE

Started by JudgeDredd, December 09, 2013, 04:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

Try playing as the Japanese and every bomb and torpedo misses at pearl harbor..... nothing sunk.... you're about to get buttf***** by the U.S. for bombing manilla!

JudgeDredd

oic

That is a bit weird and that would definitely stand out.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

SgtRock

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 16, 2013, 03:18:49 AM
Try playing as the Japanese and every bomb and torpedo misses at pearl harbor..... nothing sunk.... you're about to get buttf***** by the U.S. for bombing manilla!

Wow  :o, in all my years playing WITP and then WITP AE, I've never seen that! I have seen the Japanese stick around for 3 or 4 day and wipe out almost every ship in Peal Harbor. Each time you start a new game it picks one of several AI scripts, one of them maybe bugged! Beside the official patches, some of the developers released un-officical updates to scenarios and AI scripts, you may want to ask where to find the latest on the Matrix forums.



undercovergeek

its cool, im 'retired' now - fortunately my opponent that day gave me a restart - something to do with the KB arriving in the wrong sector and bad weather

MengJiao

Quote from: SgtRock on December 16, 2013, 04:49:00 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on December 16, 2013, 03:18:49 AM
Try playing as the Japanese and every bomb and torpedo misses at pearl harbor..... nothing sunk.... you're about to get buttf***** by the U.S. for bombing manilla!

Wow  :o, in all my years playing WITP and then WITP AE, I've never seen that! I have seen the Japanese stick around for 3 or 4 day and wipe out almost every ship in Peal Harbor. Each time you start a new game it picks one of several AI scripts, one of them maybe bugged! Beside the official patches, some of the developers released un-officical updates to scenarios and AI scripts, you may want to ask where to find the latest on the Matrix forums.

  I used to ignore Pearl Harbor and try to kill the USN Carriers and Force Z for a bang-up start.  I was so bad as the Japs, but I had a great time playing them.  Needless to say, my little Empire used to get wrecked by April 1942 or so.  The guy I played already used a Japanese name (even as the Allies) and so I became MengJiao (or MengCiao) -- the more Late-Tang Poet Jap person (and a real loser).

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

BanzaiCat

RIMSHOT Ba-dum-tishhh.

MengJiao


SgtRock

Playing Japan in WITP-AE is not for the faint of heart! It always took me 5-7days just to do the first turn, assigning invasion forces/troops, moving engineers to buildup forward bases, then all the re-supply convoys, re-organized production & pilot training. Trying to grab everything everywhere I could before the allied buildup. Early carrier battles favor the Japanese due to poor allied aircraft and lower experience, knocking out 2-3 US carriers can really help Japan last well into early 1944.

The key to playing allies is to hold on to part of Java, if you can get more troops there and then build up an airbase and sub resupply base, allied bombers can then bomb the captured oil/resources and spotting for subs to destroy transports trying to bring resources back to Japan.

There really isn't any other game I've played that let's you fight a war covering over half the world at this level of detail!


Mad Russian

So then, is there a Pacific War game out there that doesn't track every boot and shell?

What is the best Pacific War computer game available that's not a monster to try to play?

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

MengJiao

Quote from: SgtRock on December 17, 2013, 03:17:37 PM
Playing Japan in WITP-AE is not for the faint of heart! It always took me 5-7days just to do the first turn, assigning invasion forces/troops, moving engineers to buildup forward bases, then all the re-supply convoys, re-organized production & pilot training. Trying to grab everything everywhere I could before the allied buildup. Early carrier battles favor the Japanese due to poor allied aircraft and lower experience, knocking out 2-3 US carriers can really help Japan last well into early 1944.

The key to playing allies is to hold on to part of Java, if you can get more troops there and then build up an airbase and sub resupply base, allied bombers can then bomb the captured oil/resources and spotting for subs to destroy transports trying to bring resources back to Japan.

There really isn't any other game I've played that let's you fight a war covering over half the world at this level of detail!

   It's a fascinating game, but I no longer have time for it.

Wolfe1759

Mad Russian - Have a look at War Plan Pacific.

There is a demo available here http://www.shrapnelgames.com/KE_Studios/WPP/WPP_page.html
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Mad Russian

I can't get the demo to install.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

SgtRock

Quote from: Mad Russian on December 19, 2013, 07:36:04 PM
I can't get the demo to install.

Good Hunting.

MR


You might want to try to re-download it.


SgtRock

Quote from: Mad Russian on December 19, 2013, 05:35:26 PM
So then, is there a Pacific War game out there that doesn't track every boot and shell?

What is the best Pacific War computer game available that's not a monster to try to play?

Good Hunting.

MR

There is also Battlefront's Strategic Command WW2 Pacific Theater (this is a Demo but beware of the DRM) &  Matrix games - Storm over the Pacific (demo)