It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!

Started by MetalDog, December 20, 2013, 06:55:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Shelldrake

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 20, 2013, 08:39:57 AM
Maybe some iPad or phone games...I've got a 20-hour drive we're starting on later tonight. Once we get there I'm not doing anything but sleep all weekend.

Safe travels Banzai_Cat!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Anguille

forgot...i also plan to play Omerta on the new computer...

Gusington

I have off today but have to work 12/23 and Xmas Eve :/ But then I'm off until after New Years but traveling with the Gus Brood. Will be back in my Man Tomb next Friday. I'm in a gaming funk anyway...nothing is really doing it for me right now. So for this weekend I will take a stab at a mini Civ V game as Serbia vs. the Austrians. After that perhaps some SC: WWI. And saving my pennies for after Xmas for WOFF and the required accsessories to go with it (stick, CFS3 DVD, etc).
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grimnirsson

Quotethe glow of your monitor as you push your pixellated heroes around the digital board!

No monitor, no digital board...

This weekend we gonna play a classic of block wargames in the new shiny 4th edition - Napoleon by Columbia Games :)
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

BanzaiCat

I'm finding it difficult to pack. Trying to put RAF Solitaire, WaW Blood and Bridges and WaW Operation Garbo, and Field Commander Alexander into a bag that will fly under the wife's radar...sigh. I wanted to take D-Day Solitaire and Struggle for Galactic Empire also but they're not gonna fit. :(

Quote from: Shelldrake on December 20, 2013, 11:57:23 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 20, 2013, 08:39:57 AM
Maybe some iPad or phone games...I've got a 20-hour drive we're starting on later tonight. Once we get there I'm not doing anything but sleep all weekend.

Safe travels Banzai_Cat!

Thank you much. It's an adventure driving that long, like running a damn marathon.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

did london to grenoble and back in one way a couple of weeks back, the novelty and adrenaline kept me going for both legs and i thought it was great - 2 days later - not so great!!!

too old for that shit

Slick Wilhelm

#22
I'll be continuing my Ageod's Civil War 2 grand campaign. Just finished reading volume one of  Shelby Foote's Civil War narrative, and will begin volume two this evening.

Some more World of Tanks, of course. For me, it's the perfect game to play while enjoying an adult beverage.

I almost forgot about Steam and Iron: The Russo-Japanese War that I just picked up!

I've been considering getting back into the driving sim swing of things, so that sexy Logitech G27 racing wheel & pedals combo is looking mighty tempting. I'll probably buy rFactor 2 as well.

Arctic Blast

I will be playing Entertain the Nieces and Nephew this weekend, which means board games. Survive, King of Tokyo, Zooleretto, Wrath of Ashardalon and Castle Ravenloft are favorites. And I plan to add Forbidden Desert and Zombicide to the mix.

Martok

#24
Sounds like a pretty good time, AB.  :) 



My problem at the moment is there's way too many games I'm feeling the urge to play, and nowhere near enough time to play them!  The following games are all calling to me: 

Armada 2526 Supernova:  I wanna get another Volmar campaign going. 
Birth of the Federation:  My Klingon warriors await more glorious battles! 
Civilization IV: Complete:  The game intrigues me, but I've not spent nearly enough time with it. 
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2:  Because one can never have too many Kirov Airships and Apocalypse Tanks.  ;D 
Crusader Kings 2:  I'm feeling a serious need for some hardcore medieval-era drama. 
Distant Worlds: Shadows:  Really wanna try out the new beta patch. 
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes:  Still kicking ass and taking names with my custom-designed sovereign.  8) 
Pandora: First Contact:  I've played around with it a little since I bought it, but not nearly as much as I want to. 
Rome II: Total War -- of course! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

-budd-

Since the kiddies are on winter break there will be some board games, blokus, Qwirkle and some pictionary. Although i'm not the world's biggest RPG player i'm really caught up in Dragon Age origins at the moment, liking the presentation and the battle system, i'll probably throw in some FCRS when i'm not looking at the sales..............picked up aliens colonial marines @ amazon $1.99 it supposed to be better after the 4 gig patch but for under $2 not much to lose but time i guess.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Nefaro

Gonna play some Arkham Horror on the table with some nephews this afternoon.  They should enjoy it.

If I play anything on the computer, it will likely be all WOFF, all weekend! 

At some point I'll pick up FOF7 but I have plenty to keep me busy at the moment.  :D

PanzersEast

Probably will be in full ADD... but


  • Rome Total War II & Caesar in Gaul
  • Running the Grogheads Boxing Tournament
  • Fallen Enchantress
  • And a whole lot more.....


PE

bayonetbrant

I've got a pretty good feeling that after tomorrow, most of you are going to be playing the same thing ;)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Martok

Okay, that's at least the second teaser you've put out there in the last hour now.  Don't be mean! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces