VBS3 - Looking impressive

Started by Jarhead0331, December 21, 2013, 08:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFrGF54B0r0

It may cost you $2,000 to get. Worth it if you're training for combat, but probably not so much if you're just a gamer.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Staggerwing

 It does look pretty sweet. It was almost a zen-like experience... until the camera found the AK  :D


One thing though, from the end credits:
QuoteThe original work has been altered
???

Is that referring to the original VSB or that the video has been 'sweetened'?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

SgtRock

I still don't know what VBS3 is but, I wonder if open world RPG's will look like that in another 10 years!

Staggerwing

It's the latest in a line of professional sims used by the militaries of several nations, derived from the ARMA series of tactical shooters.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

son_of_montfort

Quote from: SgtRock on December 21, 2013, 12:21:25 PM
I still don't know what VBS3 is but, I wonder if open world RPG's will look like that in another 10 years!

VBS always meant "Vacation Bible School" in my youth. But I can't imagine better graphics.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Nefaro

Quote from: son_of_montfort on December 21, 2013, 11:29:34 PM
Quote from: SgtRock on December 21, 2013, 12:21:25 PM
I still don't know what VBS3 is but, I wonder if open world RPG's will look like that in another 10 years!

VBS always meant "Vacation Bible School" in my youth. But I can't imagine better graphics.

Isn't that where most god-fearing youths lose their virginity? 

MikeGER

#6
...the sim/training tool is sooo detailed (see the newspaper) that accidentally damaging a virtual Quran -when simulating nightly snacht op including house search for weapons cache -  you get real word mass riots ;D
(even so you claim that its just build in to train the soldiers to be sensitive to the culture in the area of operation, and damaging local cultural item earns them a ass-chewing in the instructors AARs )

LongBlade

It's curious that they focused completely on the improved graphics. I get the increase in immersion but find it odd that Bohemia wants to lead with that.

JH, do you think BI will give you another look at it for review like we did for VBS2?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: LongBlade on December 22, 2013, 01:02:26 PM
It's curious that they focused completely on the improved graphics. I get the increase in immersion but find it odd that Bohemia wants to lead with that.

JH, do you think BI will give you another look at it for review like we did for VBS2?

I'm sure there are other improvements besides graphics, but the video just highlights the graphics changes.

It is unlikely that I can get preview/review code. My contact at Bohemia, Gordon Bradbury, has moved on to other things and my efforts to reach Bohemia PR have not been successful.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18