More DLC for Graviteam Tactics...

Started by Jarhead0331, April 25, 2013, 12:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mikeck

"I generally do the patching the old way by extracting the core folder from the patch renaming it so I don't get it confused with other patches and open my updater direct it to the patch core folder select all files until the desc. appears then click select until it appears in my updater then hit save and play."

This is what drives me nuts about this game... just doing something as simple as patching it becomes a process.  I've just avoid downloading the patches and I'm playing an old version. just don't feel like going through all this frankly
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Dolan50

It's really not a difficult process.
If I can learn it anybody can. I'm basically a computer dumb ass.
I never bothered to learn the easier and new way because I know how to patch the much harder old way and that's what I'm more comfortable with

When Mius Front is released that will no longer be an option for me.
The new way is simpler because it cut down some steps,but you still have to make an effort to learn it.

The only reason I learned to jump thru these hoops and master the process is because I think the extra features the patching process offers are worth the effort.

I've read in this forum how other games can be just as difficult to patch properly and read how you guys made the effort to master them to unlock those games full potential.

So I guess what it comes down to is how much interest do you have for the game before you devote the proper amount of time necessary to patch  and update properly.

If you want to learn I can help but if not then the older unpatched game still is pretty good also.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

mikeck

#393
I learned it. The problem is that if I don't play the game for a couple months and a new patch comes out I have to go back to the instructions and figure out how to do it again. I should be able just to double-click an executable and the thing automatically patches itself just seem to be an extraordinarily complicated way to do things.

I agree it's not a big deal...it's really not a gamebreaker, it is just the minor annoyance that makes it so I decided I'd rather play to sit there trying to figure out how to patch the thing
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Dolan50

2 videos I made recently of GTOS.

A Soviet light tank platoon and 2 platoons of Czech infantry attack German defensive positions near a river ford.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CCmR31rJoY&feature=youtu.be  Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uKdA3thaq8  Part 2
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Rayfer

Two well done vids dolan50...quite a variety of terrain; hills, valley, forests, a full village with different structures. Thanks for sharing.

Dolan50

#396
Here's another video from my files.

It's just a recon probe the main Soviet forces never attacked in force and were just content to grab some land before the battle time ran out.
This was the only action during this hour long QB.  >:( :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCGAi696ljI
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

Andrey lead developer for Graviteam announced today that "Taranovka summer 1943 is first order DLC for Mius".

I think we may see a Panther tank finally with this DLC.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

Last GTOS video today.
Cleaning up my PC and uploading some old video footage to Youtube so I can delete it from my files.

This is a test video for an AT defense on the Volokonovka summer map.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drAFHKVomU0
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Silent Disapproval Robot

I am still not seeing the updated patches on Gamersgate.

Dolan50

A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VoXF0_D-lY&feature=youtu.be

Evening flame thrower tank assault on the Krasnaya Polyana map to salvage a failed German infantry attack on entrenched Soviet troops.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

Searching thru all my old video archives and found a few more old videos to post on YouTube.

Here's a 3 part video of a QB I did back in February(pre- GTOS).
Most of the action starts in Part 2 if you want to skip the movement to contact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h331Ops9OTc  Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwNsJOQG--g  Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiko_oO0YM8  Part 3
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

Not really sure what to make of this for the new Mius Front 43 game that will be released by Graviteam this year.
The Google and Bing English translations from Russian is still a little confusing but it looks like the game will be introducing some advanced LOS and LOF features I'm not very familiar with.

Looks complicated but hopefully it will add some more understanding to how the mechanics play out in the game.

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=81577&page=2&p=2051593&viewfull=1#post2051593
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".