It's Friday! Are you STILL off?!

Started by MetalDog, December 27, 2013, 06:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KyzBP

I've been off since 12/20 and will return on 12/31.  I was playing random Steam games until FM14 went on sale.  I imagine this is where I'll be for a long while.  They really did a fantastic job with the interface improvements.

Arctic Blast

I'll play something eventually, perhaps after another night of 12 hours of sleep. So...tired...

Staggerwing

^ Lisa really took a lot outta you, eh?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

SgtRock

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 27, 2013, 09:46:29 AM
I'm dangerously close to buying in on the IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad early access...yes, I know, its $94, but it looks soooooo damn good. Really, the only thing holding me back is that I believe you can only play when the developer's servers are up and they only host them in bursts of activity.  I would find not being able to play when I want due to this issue seriously irritating.

Otherwise, my campaign in XCOM Enemy Within is getting seriously interesting. I've also been playing through the campaign in CoD: Ghosts and it has improved somewhat.  While definitely playable, its still overall a pile of unrealistic, over-the-top, implausible dog$hit.

Do you even play games or just buy them? ;D

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Staggerwing on December 28, 2013, 06:48:33 PM
^ Lisa really took a lot outta you, eh?

Heh, that and spending 3 days entertaining 4 kids...who were amped up on a lot of sugar...and Christmas excitement...and who APPARENTLY NEVER NEED TO SLEEP.  :o ;D

Gusington

So I finally took a few turns in Strategic Command: WWI - Breakthrough in the First Balkan War campaign (begins 1912). I have the difficulty level on easy to learn. So far I am enjoying it, I must say. Even on easy the AI is making, what seems to me, intelligent moves and I am able to grasp the different phases of the game. It is similar mechanically to Commander: The Great War, and even without music is still rather immersive.

Anyone have any advice on how to get the most out of SC:WWI?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

I don't go back to work until Friday, and I'm working from home then. We're driving back from Phoenix very early this Thursday morning.

Meantime I've been playing RAF some more and writing more content for my review of it. I hope to get to Field Commander: Alexander tomorrow.

Meanwhile I just received notification that Picket Duty arrived at my home. I knew I should have had it sent to me here in Phoenix.  ???

Gusington

'Don't lose'...got it. Anything else?  8)
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Avoid assassinations?  Just trying to be helpful :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

^Well if I did that then the prerequisites for the SCWWI game world to exist, wouldn't...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

I've gone back to Skyrim this weekend, after trying pretty hard to like Game of Thrones RPG.  I can see what all the complaints re: GoT are about now, as it really is big and long on the dialogue while the action is pretty straightforward and uninspiring  so far.  I'm only an hour or so in, so it may open up more in the late game. 

Meanwhile in Skyrim, I've had some really boss fights, with a Blood Dragon fight this morning taking the better part of a half hour or so.  I cleaned up a few quests (the one where you get the Dawn Breaker sword, whichever quest line that is) and then earlier today I started Dawnguard.  I've decided to do the vampire questline this time through since I did the hunter questline last time and I doubt I'll play it through a third time.  Man, I keep forgetting just how awesome Skyrim is.  What a great game...I'm totally immersed.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

MetalDog

I've been in a RPG mood, too.  I went back to Avernum:Escape From the Pit.  Trying to reorient and clean up some quests.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

I'm starting to feel the urge to conquer the world or at least fight out a major engagement at an operational level or above.  The problem is I'm just not sure which game to choose let alone have a desire to play.  I'm leaning toward TOAW3 or something along those lines.  Maybe I'll finally give Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue an honest to goodness good faith play.   Ultimately I'm getting to be more and more of a curmudgeon these days and hate learning new games, which is the number 1 reason why I want the Tiller crew to increase the 2d counter size on all games. 

MengJiao

Quote from: Bison on December 30, 2013, 12:21:27 AM
I'm starting to feel the urge to conquer the world or at least fight out a major engagement at an operational level or above.  The problem is I'm just not sure which game to choose let alone have a desire to play.  I'm leaning toward TOAW3 or something along those lines.  Maybe I'll finally give Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue an honest to goodness good faith play.   Ultimately I'm getting to be more and more of a curmudgeon these days and hate learning new games, which is the number 1 reason why I want the Tiller crew to increase the 2d counter size on all games.

  Case Blue was fun.  I turned the clock back to before the 2nd battle of Kharkov (to late April 1942).  The Russians exterminated the Wehrmach pretty fast after breaking through north of Kharkov.

   Anyway, it's a pretty fun game system.