Holiday sales...the darkside.

Started by Jarhead0331, December 31, 2013, 07:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

PanzersEast

Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on December 31, 2013, 11:12:15 AM

Wow, PE, that's a beautiful F-16. Is that shot from a Falcon 4.0 mod? I tried to get into jets many times, but my poor feeble brain can't handle that much activity.

Yes, it is Falcon 4.0 with BMS 4.32.  An excellent mod that brings Falcon up to date with graphic enhancements, weapons, avionics etc...  http://www.benchmarksims.org/forum/content.php


I have thought about posting a quick start guide to Falcon 4 BMS for new comers to the series.  It is the best combat flight sim ever made and the dynamic campaign is still the best made.  I have been flying again recently so I am have to get readjusted to the avionics and procedures, but I can get you flying pretty quickly.  There are more sophisticated areas to learn about the F16, however if you get the basic down you can always build on it, and the most important thing is returning safely :-)  Let me know and I can post a quick start guide.... the best missions to start with are the SEAD missions.



PE

Bison

I haven't bought one game during this years holiday sales.

steve58

The sales have been pretty blah lately and I think we felt it even more so with the Steam Autumn and Holiday sales so close together this year.  I still keep my eyes on them and manage to snag a deal here and there.  For example, I picked up Spacebase DF-9 for $12.50 during a Flash sale yesterday.  But overall, yeah, I've got pretty much what I want and am not seeing much new out there that dazzles me, so my game purchases are down this year...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Nefaro

Quote from: PanzersEast on December 31, 2013, 02:01:21 PM
Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on December 31, 2013, 11:12:15 AM

Wow, PE, that's a beautiful F-16. Is that shot from a Falcon 4.0 mod? I tried to get into jets many times, but my poor feeble brain can't handle that much activity.

Yes, it is Falcon 4.0 with BMS 4.32.  An excellent mod that brings Falcon up to date with graphic enhancements, weapons, avionics etc...  http://www.benchmarksims.org/forum/content.php


I have thought about posting a quick start guide to Falcon 4 BMS for new comers to the series.  It is the best combat flight sim ever made and the dynamic campaign is still the best made.  I have been flying again recently so I am have to get readjusted to the avionics and procedures, but I can get you flying pretty quickly.  There are more sophisticated areas to learn about the F16, however if you get the basic down you can always build on it, and the most important thing is returning safely :-)  Let me know and I can post a quick start guide.... the best missions to start with are the SEAD missions.



PE

I dug out my ancient Falcon 4.0 disk a few months ago, intending to load up BMS and have a go.  I really want to fly F-16s.  But I found the massive digital manuals & such a bit too daunting.  I vaguely recall some of the basics of the vanilla game but this thing is a whole new beast.

I also had some buggy interface issues with the last F4.0 mod I tried a couple years ago so that didn't really entice me to tangle with the old beast again.  However, a beginner tutorial would help me get over that initial motivational hump when I'm back to the modern aircraft simming.  That would be great!  :D

PanzersEast

Quote from: Nefaro on December 31, 2013, 03:47:40 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on December 31, 2013, 02:01:21 PM
Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on December 31, 2013, 11:12:15 AM

Wow, PE, that's a beautiful F-16. Is that shot from a Falcon 4.0 mod? I tried to get into jets many times, but my poor feeble brain can't handle that much activity.

Yes, it is Falcon 4.0 with BMS 4.32.  An excellent mod that brings Falcon up to date with graphic enhancements, weapons, avionics etc...  http://www.benchmarksims.org/forum/content.php


I have thought about posting a quick start guide to Falcon 4 BMS for new comers to the series.  It is the best combat flight sim ever made and the dynamic campaign is still the best made.  I have been flying again recently so I am have to get readjusted to the avionics and procedures, but I can get you flying pretty quickly.  There are more sophisticated areas to learn about the F16, however if you get the basic down you can always build on it, and the most important thing is returning safely :-)  Let me know and I can post a quick start guide.... the best missions to start with are the SEAD missions.



PE

I dug out my ancient Falcon 4.0 disk a few months ago, intending to load up BMS and have a go.  I really want to fly F-16s.  But I found the massive digital manuals & such a bit too daunting.  I vaguely recall some of the basics of the vanilla game but this thing is a whole new beast.

I also had some buggy interface issues with the last F4.0 mod I tried a couple years ago so that didn't really entice me to tangle with the old beast again.  However, a beginner tutorial would help me get over that initial motivational hump when I'm back to the modern aircraft simming.  That would be great!  :D

I'll write up some basic starting stuff - Navigation, steer points, pre-planning defining target steerpoints, marking threats, ordinance and systems check etc...... and start off by doing some SEAD missions which are good for starting out.




PE

FlickJax

My problem is that even when i do pick them up in sales i still dont get to play them :(

Martok

Quote from: FlickJax on December 31, 2013, 04:29:05 PM
My problem is that even when i do pick them up in sales i still dont get to play them :(
This is as much an issue for me as lack of funds. 

I *almost* picked up Commander: The Great War over at Matrix a couple days ago, but I ended up holding off.  I already don't have enough time in the day to play the games I own, much less add to "the stack".  I'm confident I'll get CTGW eventually, but I really have to work through at least a little of my backlog first. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces