Don't you hate it when...

Started by Jarhead0331, January 03, 2014, 05:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

...you're playing a game fine, put it aside for a few weeks or months, go back to it and then can't get it to run.  I mean what the heck? Very frustrating.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Slick Wilhelm

Is it a game that requires WinXP or some other older OS? Which game? What happens when you click its executable?

Toonces

Yes.  Yes I do.

And it's even more frustrating when you have no idea what's changed such that it will no longer run.   :o
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

jomni

Yes.

And also once you get it to run you have to RE-LEARN everything. :(
(This is regarding sims like Falcon 4 and DCS)

mikeck

Had that happen with saves in X3AP. Something to do with the clock moving to New Years. Played on December 31st and all was fine. Next day, none of my saves will load as they are all corrupted...WTF

Have you tried unplugging the computer, picking it up and then smashing it onto the ground?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

-budd-

Quote from: mikeck on January 03, 2014, 09:22:51 PM
Have you tried unplugging the computer, picking it up and then smashing it onto the ground?

does that really work...haven't tried that solution yet :)
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Staggerwing

If not, there is always defenestration.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

SgtRock

Don't you hate it when... and that's why I hate Battlefront's DRM so much!!!

Martok

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 03, 2014, 05:39:02 PM
...you're playing a game fine, put it aside for a few weeks or months, go back to it and then can't get it to run.  I mean what the heck? Very frustrating.
Yes, in fact, I do hate this.  I'm having that very problem with a few games I purchased on GOG.  >:( 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces