Damn It... I did it again

Started by bboyer66, January 09, 2014, 10:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bboyer66

 Im not exactly sure what the hell is going on here. All these reviews have gushed over games such as The Stanley Parable., Dear Ester, and Gone Home. Dear Ester I found to be boring and not all that thought provoking. The Stanley Parable I found to be less boring, and slightly more thought provoking. Which brings us to Gone Home. Best game of 2013 on quite a few lists. So I think lets give it a shot.

When it was done I was like "are you fuckin kidding me". It, like the other games mentioned, is not a game in any way. Its a narrative tale, told through you walking around a computer generated environment.  Zero gameplay elements. The designers just want you to tell you a story, not make your own, or feel like your contributing.  Now I can understand some slight entertainment value in these titles, but when people are calling Gone Home game of the year, I have to wonder what the hell is going through these peoples heads. Gone Home is literally a love story that could have been easily found in any teen book section at Barnes and Noble. None of these games have left me with the memories or stimulated my mind as say the story in Red Dead Redemption, Dishonored, or Sleeping Dogs.

Anyways, am I the only asshat playing these "games", and wondering what the hell is all the hoopla about?

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Try the walking dead games Boyer.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


bboyer66

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 09, 2014, 11:17:35 AM
Try the walking dead games Boyer.

Thanks, I actually just finished the first chapter of the first Walking Dead Game the other day. Enjoyed it so far. Good story, and you actually do something other than just look around.

bboyer66

Its official...... I am an Asshat

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

im at a loss for the clamour of cheap, crap looking, low budget indy titles.

75% of RPS updates, stories, bulletins are of games that i would have baulked at with my C64 - great that the opportunity is there for people to make their own thing but not so great the market is flooded with spectrum and C64 games that journalists leap all over as the cool next thing - the worse it looks the more accolades it gets

give me my AAA titles

Jarhead0331

^Yeah...I think the pixel rage has gone on long enough.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


bboyer66

 Great point Geek

Im at a loss as well. My prediction is that vector graphics will make a comeback soon. Battlezone X here we come.


Swatter

I removed RPS from my favorites months ago. I haven't noticed its absence.

Gusington

I love'em, most of the time. They can be overly British and chatty sometimes, and maybe a little hipster-doofusish, but not always.

Anyway back to my game of Zork.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

youre going to have to explain 'overly British'!  :P