Damn It... I did it again

Started by bboyer66, January 09, 2014, 10:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MengJiao

Quote from: undercovergeek on January 09, 2014, 11:33:25 AM
im at a loss for the clamour of cheap, crap looking, low budget indy titles.

75% of RPS updates, stories, bulletins are of games that i would have baulked at with my C64 - great that the opportunity is there for people to make their own thing but not so great the market is flooded with spectrum and C64 games that journalists leap all over as the cool next thing - the worse it looks the more accolades it gets

give me my AAA titles

  It's the painful horror of the endlessly disappointing search for coolness.  RPS allows you to skip the search and enjoy the vicarious comedy of coolness processed to a pure commodity that you don't even have to buy.  I read RPS as much as possible, but most of the games look bad from every possible point of view -- after all what do I like?  Flight sims (barely mentioned on RPS), ARMAIII (RPS likes it -- not sure why), Rome II (RPS never knew what to make of it -- a very good sign), Alea Jacta Est in all its forms (never noted at all by RPS?), CM2 in all its forms (possibly noted by RPS) and that's about it.  Possibly not much coolness in all that -- thankfully!

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bboyer66

HA

Despite my asshattery , I think I am going to try another RPS recommendation.  Pathologic. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathologic ). Anyone try this dud round out yet?



Gusington

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting non-asshattery.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: bboyer66 on January 09, 2014, 01:19:20 PM
HA

Despite my asshattery , I think I am going to try another RPS recommendation.  Pathologic. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathologic ). Anyone try this dud round out yet?

It sounded a bit too close to the 'Point & Click Adventure' style years ago.  Which sounds like the root of your ass-hattery problem. 

It also probably looks terrible due to age these days, too.

undercovergeek

Quote from: bboyer66 on January 09, 2014, 01:19:20 PM
HA

Despite my asshattery , I think I am going to try another RPS recommendation.  Pathologic. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathologic ). Anyone try this dud round out yet?

you could have your very own ass hat thread, like Star and his uniformed ladies

you could review shite and let us know how you get on

GDS_Starfury

theres no asshattery about those threads.  >:(
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


undercovergeek

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 09, 2014, 05:31:15 PM
theres no asshattery about those threads.  >:(

Lol, I know star - I just meant it could have bb's tag on it.... no offence to the ladies

bboyer66

Quote from: undercovergeek on January 09, 2014, 03:21:58 PM
Quote from: bboyer66 on January 09, 2014, 01:19:20 PM
HA

Despite my asshattery , I think I am going to try another RPS recommendation.  Pathologic. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathologic ). Anyone try this dud round out yet?

you could have your very own ass hat thread, like Star and his uniformed ladies

you could review shite and let us know how you get on

I really dont mind a good point and click adventure game. Some of the great games of all time like the Monkey Island Series and Grim Fandango were point and clicks. The problem I think is that these recent titles like The Stanley Parable and Gone Home are not nearly as memorable, and highly overrated. The only saving grace is that these games only take a few hours to play, so you don't feel totally cheated.

Apocalypse 31

The only thing I still read on RPS is the Flare Path, and that has slowly become nothing more than a horrible review of the latest Train, Farming, or Truck simulator. At first I thought it was a joke, but the lame simulator thing has become near 80% of the content,

Gusington

If these games were longer it would be better? More suckdom?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bboyer66

Quote from: Gusington on January 09, 2014, 08:13:13 PM
If these games were longer it would be better? More suckdom?

No, thats why you don't feel cheated. Its only a little bit of your life that you won't get back

Gusington

You are a an enigma wrapped in a delicious cheesesteak, Boyer.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd