Main Menu

The Age of Decadence

Started by TheCommandTent, May 11, 2012, 03:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

TheCommandTent

QuoteThe Age of Decadence is an isometric, turn-based, single-player 3D role-playing game set in a low magic, post-apocalyptic fantasy world, inspired by the fall of the Roman Empire. The game features a detailed skill-based character system, non-linear gameplay, multiple skill-based ways to handle quests, choices & consequences, and extensive dialogue trees.

http://www.irontowerstudio.com/index.htm

Is this on anyone's radar.  It looks very interesting but I have heard nothing about this game or company before.  I really like the sound of the setting especially because I generally like low magic fantasy worlds.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

LongBlade

Wow. Just the premise sounds cool.

One more game to put on the list...

Thanks, Tent.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Tpek

It's that game that's been in development for ages and ages and ages. :P

Rather recently though they finally released a new beta version, and it doesn't look very impressive so far.
Their use of the Torque engine was really outdated when they started the project many a year ago, by now it is plain silly.

I do hope they will actually manage to release the game sometime in the next 10 years :)

spelk

I had a quick 10 minutes play with the latest demo, but found the game engine to be very cumbersome to use. I'd put a sword in his hand, he'd take one stab, and then proceed to punch the chap for the next few attacks! Quit in frustration.

I remember an old original Xbox game called Gladius, that was a better turn based tactical roman/gladiator combat experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAGO_CxLZ-c&feature=related

I'd forgotten it was Lucasarts!

P.S. Can these forums embed YouTube vids?

son_of_montfort

Like Tpek, this was on my radar some five years ago. I wouldn't put down money on a pre-order for any reason, given it could never be guaranteed that the game would ever release.

Sadly, the same development company talked about creating an RPG set in the Cthulhu mythos. Again, I despair that this will likely not see the light of day.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Wodin

When it's finally finished I will purchase. So much work has gone into it to make it different depending on what class you choose. I find there being no randomness in stat checks was a pain, however I believe thats been fixed.

Also they still have 75% of the game todo. SO I don't see this coming out until 2014 at least.

Gusington

Just stumbled across this on Steam, it's in beta now and costs 25.00. Anyone have it?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

It DOES look interesting. Tempted, but......

TheCommandTent

I'm still waiting for them to finish it and then see what people have to say.  The concept sounds great but then look when this thread started ....
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Grim.Reaper

Seems to be free public version here...might be safer to try this than pay

http://www.irontowerstudio.com/index.htm

Steelgrave

There's a demo on Steam as well. Downloading it now.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Steelgrave on January 11, 2014, 07:24:33 PM
There's a demo on Steam as well. Downloading it now.

Let us know what you think as I don't know when I'll have a chance to dld the demo and try it out.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Gusington

There's a flurry of positive comments in the Steam forums too.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

I've played it a bit via Steam.
I liked it, but it has a lot to go before really being done.

Gusington

What'd you like? I downloaded the demo last night.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd