Loren - Amazon Princess RPG

Started by spelk, May 06, 2012, 01:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

spelk

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 16, 2014, 07:11:15 AM
What, no tentacles?!?

Fraid not, but with the expansion it has Vampires and dusky tree maidens. :)

tgb

OK, that time I made it through the trailer, and the anime elements seem to be toned down a bit from the usual huge misshapen heads and baby blue eyes.  I just don't see a lot of tactical depth to the combat from that trailer, especially with Blackguards coming out next week.  Perhaps I should watch a Let's Play.

FarAway Sooner

Somehow I missed the horrible audio with the first clip, but I'm now really intrigued.  Can somebody please repost a link?

:)

spelk

Quote from: tgb on January 16, 2014, 10:42:39 AM
Perhaps I should watch a Let's Play.

Here's a video showing the more complex spells and what not used in a battle ( I think its from the expansion though)



Ok, heres a sneak peek at the next RPG game set in the same world, Seasons of the Wolf - the combat and RPG qualities get a bit more love


tgb

OK.  Now that I've seen more I can see myself picking this up during a Steam sale if the price drops to $10 or less.

FarAway Sooner

Honestly, I just played the demo, and I came away very impressed.  I'm intrigued by the quality of the writing and the story arc (better than what I've seen in 95% of the games I've played). 

I also find myself feeling like a dirty old man, but that's a different story...

spelk

The story is pretty good, although its more the characterisations and your becoming attached to certain characters that adds a level of interest into the battling. The romancing is no more than is on offer in the likes of Mass Effect and Dragon Age, just that its done in a more light hearted dating sim kind of style most of the time.

I think because of the devs previous works and his interest in dating sims, it has a healthy hint of it in the interactions in this game. However, this title and the next one is a much clearer departure from his normal work, and if you can stomach the anime-style art (which I can) and some of the saccharin conversations in places, you have an interesting RPG to play through, with streamlined tactical combat.