Is it live or is it Friday?

Started by MetalDog, January 17, 2014, 07:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MetalDog

It seems that the only thing my computer knows how to run recently is Avernum: Escape From the Pit.  Which is fine by me.  My characters are level 22, we are cutting through giants like a hot knife through butter and I am still trying to decide what direction I am going to go, help the Empire or help Avernum?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Rekim

I'm working this weekend and will miss the gathering of the local wargaming group on Saturday, which kind of sucks (would have played another round of FAB The Bulge).

On the upside, I'm beta testing VG Carrier for the iPad and will be keeping my tablet close by  ;)

Staggerwing

Quote from: Rekim on January 17, 2014, 07:13:11 AM
On the upside, I'm beta testing VG Carrier for the iPad and will be keeping my tablet close by  ;)


:o Wait, what?!? :o

What is it like? Can we see screenies? When will it be ready for the unwashed masses?

You can't just drop a bomb like that and not help with the cleanup!

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

undercovergeek

Working Sunday but Saturday should be all about EUIV - ive amanged to achieve the elusive alliance with Burgundy as Austria, with that covered i can go hunting for Hungary or France - decisions, decisions

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Staggerwing on January 17, 2014, 07:23:23 AM
Quote from: Rekim on January 17, 2014, 07:13:11 AM
On the upside, I'm beta testing VG Carrier for the iPad and will be keeping my tablet close by  ;)


:o Wait, what?!? :o

What is it like? Can we see screenies? When will it be ready for the unwashed masses?

You can't just drop a bomb like that and not help with the cleanup!

Yeah, slow down there, slugger. Share something!

Anguille

I will be playing mostly Darkstar One....currentely stuck in a mission where i have to help someone. By checking youtube aars, i noticed how bad my weapons are...maybe i'll have to go back to previous save and buy some better weapons...does someone know what kind of weapon fires something like a circle? Looks very powerfull.

Otherwise, Armada 2526 Supernova pbem and will also finish my quatre-bras battle in Fields of Glory.

Darkspire

Will be playing Distant Worlds and working on my theme for it and if I have the time, NOLF GOTYE.

Darkspire
Trying to prove the existence of God with the Bible is the same thing as trying to prove the existence of Orcs using the Lord of the Rings books.


Gusington

Finally, after weeks of anticipation and delay, I am able to paint my entire body in blue woad, charge down from the virtual highlands and kick some Roman arse in a Radious modded Rome 2 campaign as the Iceni. Glorious.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on January 17, 2014, 08:46:01 AM
Finally, after weeks of anticipation and delay, I am able to paint my entire body in blue woad, charge down from the virtual highlands and kick some Roman arse in a Radious modded Rome 2 campaign as the Iceni. Glorious.

lol, bout time - let us know how it goes

Gusington

OCD keeps me from my full gaming potential. I hope to name my first few veteran units after you and Bawb.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Stagger (and anyone else that didn't know and do care),

Found this link over at BGG regarding the VG Carrier iPad version:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1095748/ipad-version

Don't get your hopes up - apparently they've closed beta testing. :(

Still, some cool screenshots to check out over there.

Nefaro

Some Marvel Heroes Online for some simple action rpg ultra-violence (me droogies).  Interspersed with WOFF if I want to get serious and clad myself with pc hardware.  I may also take give Space Hulk it's first play, or maybe some Occult Chronicles for turn-based stuff.


Martok

Some more Rome II for sure, continuing my Athens campaign.  Am currently at war with Epirus, with Macedon hopefully on my hit list after that.  Gotta get an alliance with Spart first, though! 

Also, since I'm in a medieval-period sort of mood, I'm thinking maybe a little Medieval Total War/Viking Invasion (XL mod) as well.  I haven't played as the English in quite some time (it's probably been literally years), and I'm feeling an itch to rectify that. 

Finally, I'm going to get back to Birth of the Federation; I haven't played a whole lot of it lately.  Going to give the Cardassians another run, and if I get an interesting enough start, I'm thinking I'll turn it into an AAR. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Jarhead0331

Second Chapter in ARMA 3 campaign, "Adapt"; Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance; Kill Zone: Shadow Fall; and Planetary Annihilation.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


tgb

Banner Saga, which I really like a lot and keep going back to.  If I can pull myself away, I may give the Sons of Abraham expansion for CKII some real time.