Main Menu

Blackguards

Started by CptHowdy, November 06, 2013, 02:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Tpek

I believe they can merge threads, which is better :)

airboy

After I saw this, I looked around for reviews.  What I read claimed that the game was quite difficult and some of the tactical battles have a single path to victory. 

Arctic Blast

I put about 2 hours in and wasn't particularly thrilled. It's very similar to Expeditions Conquistador from last year, particularly in terms of the combat. In other words, your guys are going to get messed up...a lot. If you like multiple sections of character upgrades, you'll like that. You earn points that can be spent on upgrading existing skills and adding new ones, adding/upgrading special abilities/spells, or learning new abilities from teachers you might find in towns.

I dunno...it's okay. Nothing great. I might be done with it. Expeditions got old really quickly for me, and the same thing is happening with this.

Greybriar

GOG.com is offering Blackguards Special Edition at 10% off until Wednesday, January 29, at 3:59PM GMT.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

SgtRock

I download and tried the demo, I find the game a bit of an odd mix. It seems to me to be an Adventure game with tactical combat, it just didn't cut it for me way to linear.


Arctic Blast

Apparently, if you want to grab all of the loot during battles, you need to actually run around and collect it during the fight. So instead of worrying about tactical positioning and the like, you have to scamper around and open up all the chests and loot crates. Otherwise, you don't get their contents when it's over. If this is true, that is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard of in a tactical game.

Tpek

Quote from: Arctic Blast on February 02, 2014, 06:16:12 PM
Apparently, if you want to grab all of the loot during battles, you need to actually run around and collect it during the fight. So instead of worrying about tactical positioning and the like, you have to scamper around and open up all the chests and loot crates. Otherwise, you don't get their contents when it's over. If this is true, that is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard of in a tactical game.

That's untrue.
You automatically get all the loot during battles.

SOME battles however, allow you to get extra gold if you open the chests.
This serves as a tactical choice, since you're going to have people manage to reach the chest and open it, all the while fighting the real battle.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Tpek on February 03, 2014, 09:37:30 AM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on February 02, 2014, 06:16:12 PM
Apparently, if you want to grab all of the loot during battles, you need to actually run around and collect it during the fight. So instead of worrying about tactical positioning and the like, you have to scamper around and open up all the chests and loot crates. Otherwise, you don't get their contents when it's over. If this is true, that is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard of in a tactical game.

That's untrue.
You automatically get all the loot during battles.

SOME battles however, allow you to get extra gold if you open the chests.
This serves as a tactical choice, since you're going to have people manage to reach the chest and open it, all the while fighting the real battle.

Glad to hear it. Still not a fan of the game, but at least the devs had the sense not to go that far with things.