Medieval RPG on Kickstarter

Started by Toonces, January 22, 2014, 08:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Toonces

I saw this posted over at SimHQ:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294225970/kingdom-come-deliverance?ref=live

Looks pretty neat.  I'm not a kickstarter kind of guy, but if I was going to kickstart something, this is the type of game it would be. 
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Nefaro

Sounds like a Mount & Blade but with less focus on being a warlord.

Grim.Reaper

One thing I like about this is the fact finally a medieval game that doesn't feel the need to include fantasy like magic and dragons and such...always wanted this type of game where it stays realistic versus adding in the fantasy part.

Gusington

There's a very long write-up on it over at Rock Paper Shotgun too if you're interested. It's not only a Kickstarter but a traditionally developed game too.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/01/22/mega-impressions-kingdom-come-deliverance/
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Tpek

Tsk... another KS project that uses GBP instead of any other currency, thereby forcing you to input CC details and making me unwilling to back it.

MengJiao

Quote from: Nefaro on January 22, 2014, 08:39:15 PM
Sounds like a Mount & Blade but with less focus on being a warlord.

  So true.  In fact you are a blacksmith in the game.  I guess that gives you a headstart on crafting.

Skoop

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 22, 2014, 08:47:45 PM
One thing I like about this is the fact finally a medieval game that doesn't feel the need to include fantasy like magic and dragons and such...always wanted this type of game where it stays realistic versus adding in the fantasy part.

Yes, yes, yes... I refuse to buy skyrim because of all that fantasy crap.  I wanted war of the roses to be the medieval rpg but it's a MP focused game like BF4 with swords.  I will definitely keep my eye on this one.

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Martok on January 23, 2014, 08:33:44 AM
SoM started a sizable thread about this one last month: 

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=8679.msg217553#msg217553

Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed that this went the Kickstarter route. I'll likely wait until the retail release, as I have no real desire to be in early access or beta.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Yskonyn

Me neither, but it does look like it needs to stay on my radar!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."