Main Menu

Bizarre Steam Glitch

Started by Jarhead0331, January 22, 2014, 03:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

So this morning when I loaded steam, I got messages that Dangerous Waters and T72: Iron Warriors were updated. Only problem is, I don't have Dangerous Waters or T72 installed, or even in my steam library. I tried running them, but I got a fail to launch error due to missing .exe. Moreover, when I looked at the library pages, I noticed dangerous waters was showing up as Space Empires IV Deluxe and Iron Warriors looked like Space Empires V, both games in my steam library and installed. Problem is, now SE IV an V are missing from my library and neither DW nor IW will run as SE IV or V.  WTF?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Kushan

This might help

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=35278535&postcount=20

Quote
NOTE: If you have multiple installation folders for games completing this process will remove them.

Perform the following steps to add extra installation folders in your Steam client:

1. Open Steam
2. Click Steam > Settings (Preferences on Mac)
3. Navigate to the 'Downloads' tab
4. Click the 'Steam Library Folders' button
5. Click on 'Add Library Folder' and add the directory that contains your games
6. Click 'OK'
7. Restart Steam
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Jarhead0331

^Wow. That boot strapper seemed to work. Amazeballs. Thanks, bro. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Nefaro

Good 'ole Steam.

Expect their client updates to break stuff.  I tend to cringe when I see every new one downloading and wonder whether some of my settings will be wiped.

Gusington

The last couple of updates wreaked havoc with my Steam installation.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Nefaro on January 22, 2014, 05:29:05 PM
Good 'ole Steam.

Expect their client updates to break stuff.  I tend to cringe when I see every new one downloading and wonder whether some of my settings will be wiped.

I guess I'm lucky. I'm a prolific user of steam and this is the first technical glitch I've ever experienced.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Toonces

Heh.  And I was about to ask you your thoughts on T72.  I almost picked that up when it was on sale for like $3 but for some reason I didn't.  I kind of wish I had, now.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Kushan

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 22, 2014, 08:09:57 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on January 22, 2014, 05:29:05 PM
Good 'ole Steam.

Expect their client updates to break stuff.  I tend to cringe when I see every new one downloading and wonder whether some of my settings will be wiped.

I guess I'm lucky. I'm a prolific user of steam and this is the first technical glitch I've ever experienced.

I've never had an issue with a Steam update as well.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Toonces on January 22, 2014, 08:24:16 PM
Heh.  And I was about to ask you your thoughts on T72.  I almost picked that up when it was on sale for like $3 but for some reason I didn't.  I kind of wish I had, now.

You have SBProPE. Zero reason to even look at T72. It is sub-par.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Apocalypse 31

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 22, 2014, 09:30:29 PM
Quote from: Toonces on January 22, 2014, 08:24:16 PM
Heh.  And I was about to ask you your thoughts on T72.  I almost picked that up when it was on sale for like $3 but for some reason I didn't.  I kind of wish I had, now.

You have SBProPE. Zero reason to even look at T72. It is sub-par.

This

And a typical Russian game: horrible UI, poor tutorial, and bad key mapping.

Nefaro

Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on January 23, 2014, 12:00:45 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 22, 2014, 09:30:29 PM
Quote from: Toonces on January 22, 2014, 08:24:16 PM
Heh.  And I was about to ask you your thoughts on T72.  I almost picked that up when it was on sale for like $3 but for some reason I didn't.  I kind of wish I had, now.

You have SBProPE. Zero reason to even look at T72. It is sub-par.

This

And a typical Russian game: horrible UI, poor tutorial, and bad key mapping.


.... and very little post-release support??   

(Wasn't it from 1C?)

Toonces

I think I read some reviews of T-72- I know I did at least some research, Youtube videos and such- and I think it left such a poor impression that I decided even for $3 it was a waste of money.

However, I did boot up SB Pro tonight and spent some time with it.  I've been making a more detailed study of the game this time around and I think some of it is starting to click.

I haven't upgraded to 3.0 yet, but if I find myself sucked in I may just go ahead an upgrade.  I was sort of saving that money for WOFF, and I think I need to choose one or the other.  I guess it comes down to whether I plan to go online or not, because I've barely explored any of the content existing for SB Pro 2.6x so I don't know that there's a rush to go an upgrade with so much to still do with my current version.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs