I'm an Idiot Gaming Moments

Started by Bison, April 24, 2012, 01:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bison

So I've played Diablo 2 serveral times through over the years and I've always just accepted two things: 1. it's fixed in 800X600 resolution that leaves the annoying black bars on the side of the screen and 2. patch 1.2 was the final patch.

I just learned that both those things are wrong and have been so for over 2 years at least.  Latest patch 1.3 lets me play the game with awesome full screen coverage!

YES!

I feel like a rube...

LongBlade

Meh.

We all do dumb stuff sometimes.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Stryker07

LOL, I had no idea........  Off to go find that 1.3 patch!
Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog
GG's War in the West
Panzer Corps
____________________
Beta Tester

Bison

It makes the game 100X better, if that is possible.

Nefaro

HUH?!

You mean there was an update that supports higher screen resolutions?!! 

I know that the expansion allowed it to go all the way up to an amazing 1024x768 way back when.   :P

Bison

There is a hi-res mod out there, but this just takes the awesome 800X600 and makes it fit your screen.  Which surprisingly isn't horrible to look at imo.

Nefaro

Quote from: Bison on April 26, 2012, 02:01:53 AM
There is a hi-res mod out there, but this just takes the awesome 800X600 and makes it fit your screen.  Which surprisingly isn't horrible to look at imo.

Meh..  Your monitor & vid card should be able to stretch it to fit all by itself.  You don't need a patch to do that.

Bison

The patch actually adds in a bunch of fixes so it's all good.  And it doesn't stretch the damn thing on it's own but makes it look ok for when you go into your GPU settings and stretch it.