And On the Sixth Day, God Created.. FRIDAY!!.. And There Was Much Gaming.

Started by Nefaro, January 31, 2014, 01:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Anguille

Made some great progress in Darkstar One...i even passed the famous "Flak 2 mission" without cheating and a ship with level 17 (didn't know it was famous until i had problems making it and looking on the internet if i was the only one having problems).

I also won the battle of Winchester which allows me to attack the Union at Harper's ferryin Civil War II Generals...let's see

Finally, played some turns in my Klackon campaign in Master of Orion II.

I am happy with my gaming weekend.

Nefaro

Quote from: Toonces on February 02, 2014, 03:19:51 PM
I hear you.  The whole HOTAS deal is what is holding me back from spending more time with DCS.

I'm using a full CH HOTAS I've had for about 5 years now.  I downloaded a very good profile from CH Hangar years ago and I've memorized it enough to get the job done.  The translation to BMS from Freefalcon (for which it was built) is mostly the same.  If I had to program the HOTAS from scratch....ugh.  I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Part of my problem is that I have only one hat switch on my HOTAS and only 12 buttons.  I don't want to get a new one because this one actually fits my hand okay (unlike some) and it's gimbals are nice and tight.  So I don't need to get a new HOTAS. 

The issue is that with three different data management sets of commands for my single hat switch, mixed with the other commands I map to it, tends to make it a real pain in the ass to set up.  With DCS sims, I have to set three of my HOTAS buttons to be "modifiers", each of which I have to use in conjunction with my hat switch and each of the other joy buttons.  So it's not just twelve joystick buttons, a hat and a rocker switch I have to set.  It's three sets of each.  Then learning to remember all those combos in the middle of combat takes a lot of time and practice.  What a pain. 

I wish study sims would come with pre-configured joystick setups for most of the popular HOTAS models that you could load up in a vanilla install.  Hell, even regular sims like FC3 especially since you have to set up the config for every single airplane individually.  While I've seen some user-created ones that look okay, I'd prefer a standardized setup for each series/developer.

Gusington

Pushing further into Averni territory in my Rome 2 Iceni campaign. Their holdings appear be a house of cards. If I can eliminate them, that will lead to eventual direct contact with...Rome :)
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Arctic Blast

Finally got some time in with Hearthstone over the past couple of days, and I'm really pleasantly surprised by it. Very easy game to learn, and they slowly introduce the layers over the course of the first run of tutorial practice games. Once you get the basics down, you're ready to go.

You can take on different classes in solo games in order to unlock them for you to use. You'll also gain basic cards for your decks by using classes a few times, as well as learn how to play them best.

MP seems to have a pretty solid matchmaking system. I haven't run into anyone with a massive power advantage, and most matches have been close. The only two ass kickings I've been a part of (one each way) happened because one person's customized deck turned out to be a mess.

You can build custom decks, mixing class-specific cards and neutral cards in whatever way you want. Card packs that you earn are random...it really is a digital CCG...but they all seem pretty useful.

I'm having quite a bit of fun with it. You can buy more card packs, but since the results are randomized and you earn card packs through play anyway, I don't see power creep being a real issue here.

Father Ted

Quote from: Gusington on February 02, 2014, 05:45:59 PM
Pushing further into Averni territory in my Rome 2 Iceni campaign. Their holdings appear be a house of cards. If I can eliminate them, that will lead to eventual direct contact with...Rome :)

I think I may have to get this - the Iceni are my home team.

PanzersEast

Quote from: mikeck on February 01, 2014, 10:09:26 AM
Lol..dude, the only board games I play are chutes and ladders and Candyland with my kids. I can't get any of my friends to do anything longer than 10 minutes...can't imagine
Trying to get them to sit down and play a complex tactical wargame

Yea, that is what I though as well until playing TAL and others.... it's like comparing a book to a movie, yea the movie seems good until you read the book.

PE

Gusington

I don't think you will be disappointed Father Ted. Rome 2 is patched up nicely now and the Iceni are a very interesting faction.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Arctic Blast on February 02, 2014, 06:21:13 PM
Finally got some time in with Hearthstone over the past couple of days, and I'm really pleasantly surprised by it. Very easy game to learn, and they slowly introduce the layers over the course of the first run of tutorial practice games. Once you get the basics down, you're ready to go.

You can take on different classes in solo games in order to unlock them for you to use. You'll also gain basic cards for your decks by using classes a few times, as well as learn how to play them best.

MP seems to have a pretty solid matchmaking system. I haven't run into anyone with a massive power advantage, and most matches have been close. The only two ass kickings I've been a part of (one each way) happened because one person's customized deck turned out to be a mess.

You can build custom decks, mixing class-specific cards and neutral cards in whatever way you want. Card packs that you earn are random...it really is a digital CCG...but they all seem pretty useful.

I'm having quite a bit of fun with it. You can buy more card packs, but since the results are randomized and you earn card packs through play anyway, I don't see power creep being a real issue here.

I've been curious about the tabletop card game.  Is this essentially the same?

Also... isn't it in closed beta or something?

airboy

I've gotten to be 009 in Covert Action.  Taken down 12 Masterminds.

Bison

DAMN IT!  I made it to the World Series in my league on OOTP 14 .  I'm up 3-1 and my best damned hitter/player goes out for 6 days with an injury.  I lost the next 3 freaking games.  Unfreakingbelievable!

undercovergeek

I EUIV'd - I got claims on the remainder of Venice but Milan declared war on them and took 2 provinces that are mine - Ill have to kick Milans ass - but theyre an ally so itll take some smoothing over

The island of Venice i cant get too - they have a 28 ship fleet that just blockades the port and stops me crossing the water - some major ship building needs to be done

Im trying to make friends with all the elector counts after they kicked my out of the Emperors chambers

Then im looking West to France or Burgundy


Tuna

Same for me as the Last two weekends.. FSX, Rome II and Sid Meier's Ace Patrol on the Laptop. I tried to start up Decisive Campaign's WtP a couple times but it kept crashing.. must've not liked some Windows Update in the last year or so..

bob48

Quote from: Father Ted on February 02, 2014, 07:33:23 PM
Quote from: Gusington on February 02, 2014, 05:45:59 PM
Pushing further into Averni territory in my Rome 2 Iceni campaign. Their holdings appear be a house of cards. If I can eliminate them, that will lead to eventual direct contact with...Rome :)

I think I may have to get this - the Iceni are my home team.

LOL - and you have the woad and tattoo's to prove it!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat


bob48

You're just trying to needle me......but you can keep it up until you're blue in the face.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!