Future DLC for Rome 2 TW?

Started by Gusington, February 01, 2014, 02:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Gusington on February 02, 2014, 06:19:33 PM
I have always loved playing the Persians in any era, to be honest.

Dont lie, your such a palistine.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on February 02, 2014, 05:43:37 PM
^Have you read Ghost on the Throne?


Oh.  Now you've gone and did it.

I'll have to go purchase this ASAP now that you just mentioned it.  Damn yous all!

:-*




Pretty sure someone had recommended it before, too.  I've just been so swamped with stuff I wanna do and not enough time to cram it all in.

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on February 02, 2014, 08:36:15 PM

And I'm having trouble picking a TW faction to play while reading 'Ghost'...Macedon? Sparta? Seleucids? All fascinating factions.

Maybe some other I haven't even thought of yet?

Ptolemaic Egypt?

I think the Diadochi Wars would be a good start setting for the CK2 engine too.  Paradox needs to get on it.

Gusington

TW games have always been gateways to historical eras I don't know much about...the Greek Successor States are my newest :)
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Ghost on the Throne was a great read as was The Gothic War about Justinian's campaign to re-claim Italy from the Goths. I prefer post-Republic to the pre-Republic timeline but an extended Punic Wars DLC would get my money. I wish CA would do a Warring-States in China kind of thing sometime but maybe they think there would be a lack of interest in the subject.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I would buy a Warring States TW so fast it would snap your neck. It really does not make any sense that they have not done the Warring States...it seems so similar to Japanese Warring States period.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Totally agree. And it would be a fresh subject for them-- and us. I had hoped CA would add an African or Chinese DLC for ETW. Maybe too politically incorrect. But they already had the elephants lined-up ready to go. ;D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Koei Games made a whole industry out of the Chinese warring states!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Quote from: Gusington on February 03, 2014, 03:06:10 PM
I would buy a Warring States TW so fast it would snap your neck. It really does not make any sense that they have not done the Warring States
I cannot second this strongly enough.  With the possible exception of the Peloponnesian War, there is no period I want more badly to get the TW treatment. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

Now that you mention it I don't know why the haven't done a Greek-centric TW either. At least with the Rome games Greek factions are included, even if they are in the twilight of their power in this era.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Poking around TWC I saw a similar conversation to this and mention of a Beast of War DLC, allegedly about Hannibal's campaigns:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?640435-quot-Beasts-of-War-quot-DLC
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Hannibal or some of my old girlfriends. 8)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

Both Nefaro and I are hoping they will make a WW2 expansion
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd