In the days of my youth, I was told what it was to be a FRIDAY!!!!!!

Started by MetalDog, February 07, 2014, 07:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MetalDog

And now I've reached that age I try to game all the best ways that I can!  I'm a little burnt on Warlock.  My typical Civ partners are otherwise occupied, so, I may pull out Medieval 2 Total War or some CK2.  Maybe work somemore on my Avernum Escape From the Pit.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Jarhead0331

...and metaldog is buying the stairway...to Friday.

Probably more Rome II for me. Maybe I'll try to get into Horizon. Just don't see it happening.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


bob48

I'll be exploring the delights of 'Heroes of the Blitzkrieg'- Nice Led Zep lead-in MD!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Rayfer

American Civil War 2 by Matrix. Started a new campaign after the last update. Playing as the North, it's now late December, 1861. Game starts in April of that year.  The war is hot along the Indiana and Illinois borders with Kentucky (who joined the South) and all across Missouri. Had the obligatory loss at first Manassas but eked out a stalemate in the second. Can't wait for 1862 so I can start building corps for all those divisions.

Tuna


Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Starting day 2 at Game ON!
Played Panzer and Sails of Glory yesterday.
Today the LnL and World at War tourneys start. Going to get an early morning game of Desert Heat in.
Nothing like 16 hours of board wargaming for 3 days! :)

Kushan

Most of my free time will be spent with Breaking the Chains and/or Steel Wolves this weekend. Read the rules for BtC earlier this week, they don't sound overly complicated. Have a couple of minor complaints, and I haven't even played the game yet. Hoping it will eventually provide some inspiration for some Command scenarios. I also want to give Steel Wolves another shot, after having the vassal module mentioned as a way of keeping track of all the chits during combat.

Any PC gaming I do will probably be a mix of EUIV, Distant Worlds, and Command. Most of my PC time will be spent working on the 3 Command scenarios and the EUIV - Rome mod that I have been outlining/research the last few weeks. Two of the Command scenarios are based off of Red Storm Rising, and the third is a limited nuclear exchange between the US and Russia, based on the novel Arc Light.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Slick Wilhelm

Quote from: Rayfer on February 07, 2014, 08:10:39 AM
American Civil War 2 by Matrix. Started a new campaign after the last update. Playing as the North, it's now late December, 1861. Game starts in April of that year.  The war is hot along the Indiana and Illinois borders with Kentucky (who joined the South) and all across Missouri. Had the obligatory loss at first Manassas but eked out a stalemate in the second. Can't wait for 1862 so I can start building corps for all those divisions.

Sounds like fun, Rayfer! Having Kentucky join the South should make things much more interesting. I really gotta get back into my 1861 campaign. But I've been so hooked on WOFF that I might have trouble making time for AACW2.

JudgeDredd

With the rugby on, I doubt I'll get any gaming...if so, I'll simply be continuing my AAR for World at War:Blood and Bridges

I really do think that is all.

I really enjoyed the first campaign chapter in ArmA III but can't get past the first mission in the second chapter...I keep getting spotted.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 07, 2014, 07:38:24 AM
...and metaldog is buying the stairway...to Friday.

Probably more Rome II for me. Maybe I'll try to get into Horizon. Just don't see it happening.

  Possibly some Rome II.  Definitely some CMFI.  Maybe some CLOD or RoF or even DCS:Su-25T.

JudgeDredd

^I started some CM:BN to try and get into it - and for the love of god...I get soooooooo bored setting up all my pixel troops that by the time I've done that, I am bored. Worse, if I do carry on, I end up getting slaughtered.

Maybe that's why I can't get into it...the time taken to move all my units only to have them slaughtered!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Greybriar

I guess I'll be playing ABCD, EFGH, IJKL, MNOP, QRST, UVW, and some XYZ.   ;D
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Nefaro

I've been dazed and confused for so long it's not true. 

Haven't played a PC game in almost a week.  If I do, it will be Flaming Cliffs 3 and my constant single-player companion Wings Over Flanders Fields.

Gonna have the Mage Knight Board Game and Sentinels of the Multiverse out on the table this weekend in between committing some heavy liver damage.  Lazah Eyes PEW PEW!

Sir Slash

Rome 2 as Athens just about to eliminate Epirus. And CMBN-- I got the Americans on the ropes in the 2nd battle of the Panzer March campaign, a bloody night fight for sure.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.