In the days of my youth, I was told what it was to be a FRIDAY!!!!!!

Started by MetalDog, February 07, 2014, 07:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

I didn't play a damn thing over the weekend.  Just lazed about watching YouTube vidoes of other people playing games (mostly tabletops).  Is that not weird?

I sorted in all the stuff in the Mage Knight Boardgame expansion in with the vanilla game and put all the tokens in a plastic organizer.  But that's as close as I came to gaming.   ???  I may start a new game later tonight.

Dolan50

Tried the Medieval 2:Total War demo on steam this weekend.
Wanted to like this one but just couldn't get into it very much.

As much as I would like to try and play some new and different PC games outside of the WW2 era,I just can't seem to find anything that grabs my interest and holds it the way 20th century warfare does.

Also gave War Thunder a go but not much of an aviation guy. Mainly gave this a whirl to get used to the mechanics of the game when they go to War Thunder Ground forces.

Hopefully the tank combat will be ready for the general public soon.
I've pretty much had it with World of Tanks and would like to find something to replace the loathing I get every time I jump into most of the matches in that game.

Not sure if WTGF will be better than WoT but I'm keeping my fingers crossed in hopes that it is.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

undercovergeek

Quote from: Nefaro on February 09, 2014, 08:33:48 PM
I didn't play a damn thing over the weekend.  Just lazed about watching YouTube vidoes of other people playing games (mostly tabletops).  Is that not weird?

Not weird - I have to say until ive made enough notes and set out on my own ill watch lets play - and for the first few days end up watching someone else play instead of me - but then in most Grand strategy games id rather get a handle on the mechanics from a pro than just dive in - so this week has been a lot of youtube for EUIV and CMANO

Quote from: Dolan50 on February 09, 2014, 11:06:02 PM

I've pretty much had it with World of Tanks and would like to find something to replace the loathing I get every time I jump into most of the matches in that game.

Not sure if WTGF will be better than WoT but I'm keeping my fingers crossed in hopes that it is.

I think it might be a better game, but youll still get a team full of tools doing all the wrong things at all the wrong times and in reply to your messages about working as a team youll probably still get 100 offers of teenage morons wanting to do sexy things to your mum

Anguille

This weekend i played retro:

- Master of Orion II (1996) as the Klackons...at war with the Trilarians...forgot to upgrade my ships!
- Civil war Generals II (1997)....reporting heavy losses while attacking Harper's Ferry....have to regroup and hope for the night to come (2 days battle)...need to limit the losses.
- Imperium Galactica (1997)...at war with the Garthogs....i thought i had it good until i met one of their fleets: 3 battleships and lots of fighters...forgot how difficult this game can be! A truely excellent game but without random map.

W8taminute

and as I wind down this weekend
there stands a game that we all know o o o oh
with just one more turn left to go
before we have to get our gold
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bob48

I've been dazed and confused for so long its not true,
always wanted a game,
never counted on you.........
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Barthheart

4 days of board wargaming at Game ON! Great fun and exhausting all at the same time.

LnL - Band of Heroes, Ring of Hills, Heroes of the Blitzkrieg, Day of Heroes, Special all Heroes game
Desert Heat
World at War - Death of the 1st Panzer
GMT's Panzer
WotC's Dungeon Command
Sails of Glory
The Hunters


bob48

Glad you had a good time. Did you buy any new games while you were there?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Barthheart

Quote from: bob48 on February 10, 2014, 08:55:21 AM
Glad you had a good time. Did you buy any new games while you were there?

Nope... took too small a suitcase... got some cool metal dice though.  8)

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on February 07, 2014, 10:46:08 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 07, 2014, 07:38:24 AM
...and metaldog is buying the stairway...to Friday.

Probably more Rome II for me. Maybe I'll try to get into Horizon. Just don't see it happening.

  Possibly some Rome II.  Definitely some CMFI.  Maybe some CLOD or RoF or even DCS:Su-25T.

  And what happened?  Things suddenly went well: all male relatives had cleared out of the manloft and all female relatives took YungMeng and went two floors down to watch the Olympics!
  For almost 4 glorious hours there was nothing but gaming so I:
  1)Got into Where Eagles Dare (training scenario: Guards Armoured tries to overrun KG Chill.  I suddenly learn it is very hard to defend against most of an Armoured Division: just getting anybody back from the outpost line looks nearly impossible.  Command control is already looking iffy.  Hoping the artillery will save the day.
   2) Played some CMFI: Imaginary TF Smith collides with the Reincarnated HG Undead Airborne Panzer Division somewhere in Sicily.  Losses are bizarrely equal.

   
 

Father Ted

Quote from: bob48 on February 10, 2014, 07:19:26 AM
I've been dazed and confused for so long its not true,
always wanted a game,
never counted on you.........

Thanks Bob

Kushan

Quote from: Nefaro on February 09, 2014, 08:33:48 PM
I didn't play a damn thing over the weekend.  Just lazed about watching YouTube vidoes of other people playing games (mostly tabletops).  Is that not weird?

Thats about how my weekend turned out. I did a little work with Command on Saturday, but that was it. Going to have to rethink my Arc Light scenario, I loaded just the US and Russia missile fields, and when fired had a unit count of 1,200+. If I had added other bases, bombers, and ships, the unit count would make the scenario unplayable. Started work on my next RSR scenario(s). On request from Baloogan I'm going to release the 1980's soviet northern fleet units I've been compiling as stand alone imports, similar to what I've done with the US CVSG's.

With all the talk about CK2, I started re-watching season 1 of Vikings. Not a bad show considering what channel its on. Caught up on some YouTube lets plays as well.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Nefaro

Quote from: Kushan on February 10, 2014, 03:46:07 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on February 09, 2014, 08:33:48 PM
I didn't play a damn thing over the weekend.  Just lazed about watching YouTube vidoes of other people playing games (mostly tabletops).  Is that not weird?

Thats about how my weekend turned out. I did a little work with Command on Saturday, but that was it. Going to have to rethink my Arc Light scenario, I loaded just the US and Russia missile fields, and when fired had a unit count of 1,200+. If I had added other bases, bombers, and ships, the unit count would make the scenario unplayable. Started work on my next RSR scenario(s). On request from Baloogan I'm going to release the 1980's soviet northern fleet units I've been compiling as stand alone imports, similar to what I've done with the US CVSG's.

I would like to see more RSR/80s Hypo-War scenarios in that, when I eventually revisit.  We'll have to encourage Baloogan to keep prodding you.   :P

QuoteWith all the talk about CK2, I started re-watching season 1 of Vikings. Not a bad show considering what channel its on. Caught up on some YouTube lets plays as well.

Odd.  I just went and purchased the latest CK2 DLCs today on a whim.  I haven't played in awhile but got a sensation that it may start taking up some of my time in the near future.  Despite not having even loading into a PC game in at least a week.  I still haven't.  ???